jkress Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
546 views

W2K8R2 Administrator Account Disabled after Agent install

Agent version 11.3.2.47407
Three Window 2008R2 servers. One the agent installs and performs flawlessly.
The other two servers disable the builtin administrator account causing
issues with various services. Enabling the administrator account works until
a restart of the server. ATT the account is again disabled. No policies
being deployed to the servers.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

JoeK



---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: W2K8R2 Administrator Account Disabled after Agent insta

JKress;2405035 wrote:
Agent version 11.3.2.47407
Three Window 2008R2 servers. One the agent installs and performs flawlessly.
The other two servers disable the builtin administrator account causing
issues with various services. Enabling the administrator account works until
a restart of the server. ATT the account is again disabled. No policies
being deployed to the servers.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

JoeK



---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Perhaps a user is logging in that has some security settings being pushed.
You could try disabling Policy Mgmt Spoke on those devices if you do not want Policies being pushed.
0 Likes
jkress Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: W2K8R2 Administrator Account Disabled after Agent install

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the response. I will try that. Far cry from BorderManager
wouldn't you say?

JoeK (another BorderManager retread)

"CRAIGDWILSON" <CRAIGDWILSON@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote in message
news:CRAIGDWILSON.72hv00@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com...
>
> JKress;2405035 Wrote:
>> Agent version 11.3.2.47407
>> Three Window 2008R2 servers. One the agent installs and performs
>> flawlessly.
>> The other two servers disable the builtin administrator account causing
>> issues with various services. Enabling the administrator account works
>> until
>> a restart of the server. ATT the account is again disabled. No policies
>> being deployed to the servers.
>>
>> Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
>>
>> JoeK
>>
>>
>>
>> ---
>> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
>> protection is active.
>> https://www.avast.com/antivirus

>
> Perhaps a user is logging in that has some security settings being
> pushed.
> You could try disabling Policy Mgmt Spoke on those devices if you do not
> want Policies being pushed.
>
>
> --
> --
> Any Opinions, Thoughts, Solutions, or Blog Entries are my own and may or
> may not be shared by Novell or any Sane Person
> Please Use at your Own Risk.
>
> Blog - https://forums.novell.com/blog.php/5830-CRAIGDWILSON
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> CRAIGDWILSON's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5830
> View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=493950
>




---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: W2K8R2 Administrator Account Disabled after Agent insta

You are thinking of Craig Johnson!
We have both been around here for a LONG time, Except he does the Border Manager Stuff.


JKress;2405099 wrote:
Hey Craig,

Thanks for the response. I will try that. Far cry from BorderManager
wouldn't you say?

JoeK (another BorderManager retread)

0 Likes
jkress Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: W2K8R2 Administrator Account Disabled after Agent install

Should have mentioned that this site is not running a AD domain. All Windows
servers are in a local workgroup.

JoeK

"CRAIGDWILSON" <CRAIGDWILSON@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote in message
news:CRAIGDWILSON.72hv00@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com...
>
> JKress;2405035 Wrote:
>> Agent version 11.3.2.47407
>> Three Window 2008R2 servers. One the agent installs and performs
>> flawlessly.
>> The other two servers disable the builtin administrator account causing
>> issues with various services. Enabling the administrator account works
>> until
>> a restart of the server. ATT the account is again disabled. No policies
>> being deployed to the servers.
>>
>> Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
>>
>> JoeK
>>
>>
>>
>> ---
>> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
>> protection is active.
>> https://www.avast.com/antivirus

>
> Perhaps a user is logging in that has some security settings being
> pushed.
> You could try disabling Policy Mgmt Spoke on those devices if you do not
> want Policies being pushed.
>
>
> --
> --
> Any Opinions, Thoughts, Solutions, or Blog Entries are my own and may or
> may not be shared by Novell or any Sane Person
> Please Use at your Own Risk.
>
> Blog - https://forums.novell.com/blog.php/5830-CRAIGDWILSON
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> CRAIGDWILSON's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5830
> View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=493950
>




---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.