ClemClark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WOL Bundle - was working, not it's not!

Hi folks.

We have a WOL bundle created as per the ZCM recommendations (ZDM 7 had WOL Policies; this is not available in ZCM 10.3, so Novell recommend creating an empty bundle with a distribution schedule set with WOL).

This has been working fine, until recently - all out managed machines would switch on as expected in the mornings, but now nothing is switching on.

Nothing has changed on our side - the bundle is still active and has all the original schedule settings. The clients still have WOL settings correct in the BIOS. The machines are shutdown correctly.

If I create a new WOL task, or manually trigger a WOL action to a specific machine, then it still works as expected. It is only the original bundle that no longer works.

I am going to create a new bundle which is annoying (need to ZMAN export relationships as there are a LOT of different schedules for each lab), but this should get us up and running in the mean time. However, I would like to know why this happened - any hints of where to look? Server zcc.logs show nothing, but perhaps I am looking in the wrong log. I would like to find something that says "attempted to wol, but failed because...".

Any advice?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
ClemClark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: WOL Bundle - was working, not it's not!

I can't find an appropriate ZMAN command to export all distribution schedules.
I can only export one associated (container) distribution schedule at a time, and we have many associated.

zman bvas workstation "WOL/WOL Task" Student/Campus1/Lab1

We need to have all campus lab associations exported, so we can successfully import again.

Any advice?
Thanks,
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ClemClark,

> I can only export one associated (container) distribution schedule at a
> time, and we have many associated.
>

script it?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
ClemClark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2082370 wrote:
ClemClark,

> I can only export one associated (container) distribution schedule at a
> time, and we have many associated.
>

script it?

--

Shaun Pond

Well... yes.
As usual I was hoping there was a switch/tool built-in!
Scripting it is...
0 Likes
patrick_reeder Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ClemClark;2082987 wrote:
Well... yes.
As usual I was hoping there was a switch/tool built-in!
Scripting it is...

Are you using zman commands? You can use zman bex to Batch process commands from a file.

DEV - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (2 Primaries & 2 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7) PROD - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (5 Primaries & 11 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7 ~7500 Managed Devices)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.