Highlighted
rgouette Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wallpaper setting in ZCM..where is it?

Folks, I'm setting up a new policy & need to point the wallpaper to a local .BMP, but I cannot find any such policy.
In the C1 days, you had that Display tab....

Thanks,
Rich
Labels (2)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Wallpaper setting in ZCM..where is it?

You need to setup a GPO.
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=952837&page=1

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"rgouette" <rgouette@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:rgouette.38a52p@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> Folks, I'm setting up a new policy & need to point the wallpaper to a
> local .BMP, but I cannot find any such policy.
> In the C1 days, you had that Display tab....
>
> Thanks,
> Rich
>
>
> --
> rgouette
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> rgouette's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=1567
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=325210
>

0 Likes
rgouette Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hmm, well I don;t want to enable ActiveDesktop.
I was hoping there was something other than .reg file import / startup script options available..

Thanks,
Rich
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You don't need to enable "Active Desktop".
That is just where the region of the GPO the WallPaper setting is located.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"rgouette" <rgouette@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:rgouette.38a8s1@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> hmm, well I don;t want to enable ActiveDesktop.
> I was hoping there was something other than .reg file import / startup
> script options available..
>
> Thanks,
> Rich
>
>
> --
> rgouette
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> rgouette's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=1567
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=325210
>

0 Likes
pitcherj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I, too, was disappointed that ZCM didn't have a native way other than GPO to set the wallpaper.

I needed a way to quickly and easily set the wallpaper for a user as they were logging in.

The Group Policy option works, as long as you don't expect the change to happen on the currently logged in session.

The following C# application will set the wallpaper to whatever you want, and happens instantly in Windows 7.

I simply have a bundle which has a number of actions that run on user login, and this is one of them.

I modified the code slightly to accept a command-line argument which is the wallpaper I wish to set.

Dream.In.Code -> DLL Importing and Use in C#
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

pitcherj;1932075 wrote:
I, too, was disappointed that ZCM didn't have a native way other than GPO to set the wallpaper.

I needed a way to quickly and easily set the wallpaper for a user as they were logging in.

The Group Policy option works, as long as you don't expect the change to happen on the currently logged in session.

The following C# application will set the wallpaper to whatever you want, and happens instantly in Windows 7.

I simply have a bundle which has a number of actions that run on user login, and this is one of them.

I modified the code slightly to accept a command-line argument which is the wallpaper I wish to set.

Dream.In.Code -> DLL Importing and Use in C#

We use bginfo to set background which is set to run on user login.

Thomas
0 Likes
smcolson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thomas,

I too am trying to run bginfo but it doesn't seem to work using the application objects in ConsoleOne. I'm sure I have a parameter out of spec, anywhere I could go to get some help on this issue?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Smcolson,
> I too am trying to run bginfo but it doesn't seem to work using the
> application objects in ConsoleOne. I'm sure I have a parameter out of
> spec, anywhere I could go to get some help on this issue?

ConsoleOne? On ZCM 10?

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
smcolson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ConsoleOne? On ZCM 10?

Sorry for the confusion, I have not yet made the conversion to ZCM 10. Our enterprise is planning on converting prior to end of year. Still using ConsoleOne for our workstation management. My issue is with bginfo. Sorry if I hijacked the post.....
--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

smcolson;2305337 wrote:
ConsoleOne? On ZCM 10?

Sorry for the confusion, I have not yet made the conversion to ZCM 10. Our enterprise is planning on converting prior to end of year. Still using ConsoleOne for our workstation management. My issue is with bginfo. Sorry if I hijacked the post.....
--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)

So how have you configured your bginfo "zen application"?

THomas
0 Likes
smcolson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have it configured Distribution Options tab to copy files from a network drive that users do not have full rights to, copy to the root of C drive and run from there.
Run Options tab - Path to file: C:\big_info_screen\BG_Info\Bginfo.exe

Parameters:C:\big_info_screen\BG_Info\DesktopBAckground.bgi /nolicprompt /timer:00 /silent

Working directory:C:\big_info_screen

The issue is with the custom background wallpaper I am trying to push, the bginfo will display everytime, the .gif file is not consistently getting set. As a test, I have users change their backgrounds and log back in. The bginfo gets displayed in the lower right corner but the background .gif does not get reset, just stays blue. It's like it is not reading the DesktopBackground.bgi file completely....

I have screen shots, but I cannot post images? I
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

smcolson;2305353 wrote:
I have it configured Distribution Options tab to copy files from a network drive that users do not have full rights to, copy to the root of C drive and run from there.
Run Options tab - Path to file: C:\big_info_screen\BG_Info\Bginfo.exe

Parameters:C:\big_info_screen\BG_Info\DesktopBAckground.bgi /nolicprompt /timer:00 /silent

Working directory:C:\big_info_screen

The issue is with the custom background wallpaper I am trying to push, the bginfo will display everytime, the .gif file is not consistently getting set. As a test, I have users change their backgrounds and log back in. The bginfo gets displayed in the lower right corner but the background .gif does not get reset, just stays blue. It's like it is not reading the DesktopBackground.bgi file completely....

I have screen shots, but I cannot post images? I

Where do you store the output bitmap, Bitmap->Location? Do you have force run set for this ZENapp and have you associated it with users or workstations?

Thomas
0 Likes
smcolson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2305545 wrote:
Where do you store the output bitmap, Bitmap->Location? Do you have force run set for this ZENapp and have you associated it with users or workstations?

Thomas

Thomas,

I believe it is fixed now. I had the bitmap location on the network drive (everyone has rights to this shared folder) - however, on a whim I changed it to run from C drive it seems to work fine now. Force run WAS/IS set and for now it is only associated with certain users as a test. If I go full production I will associate it with all workstations. Thanks for the help with this issue.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

smcolson;2305591 wrote:
Thomas,

I believe it is fixed now. I had the bitmap location on the network drive (everyone has rights to this shared folder) - however, on a whim I changed it to run from C drive it seems to work fine now. Force run WAS/IS set and for now it is only associated with certain users as a test. If I go full production I will associate it with all workstations. Thanks for the help with this issue.

Great!

BTW: I believe you will need to have that ZENapp associated to users otherwise it will not work as you expect it to.

Force Run

Automatically runs the application. With a user-associated application, the application is run immediately after Application Launcher starts. With a workstation-associated application, the application is run immediately after the workstation starts up (initial startup or reboot).

http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks7/dm7admin/data/a7zey2t.html

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.