Cptdave Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Weird one with Symantec Endpoint 12.1

Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone also burdened with Symantec Endpoint Protection is having the problem we now seem to be facing.

Whenever we download the Zenworks agent from our ZCM Server (linux) to a PC, symantec Quarantines it. This has only started happening this week (there was a definition update yesterday).

We usually download the the full 32bit version (i've had trouble with the network install before).

The Symantec risk log gives a really obscure reason for blocking the "PreAgentPkg_AgentComplete.exe" file, it says the risk is "WS.Reputation.1" :

WS.Reputation.1 | Symantec

Our Symantec build is 12.1.601.4699 I would post this on the symantec forums, but I think there is more chance of finding one of you guys running Symantec, than someone on the Symantec forums using Zenworks.

Our Antivirus Monkey is off this week, but I was just curious if anyone else was having the same problem, it seems to be happening on all our PC's.

Thanks
Dave
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Weird one with Symantec Endpoint 12.1

Cptdave,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
jmiller1989 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Weird one with Symantec Endpoint 12.1

I have run into the same thing with our ZCM deployment. Have you found a solution I submitted files to Symantec with no answer yet. I am showing all our PC's that received the Client via the ZCM Server infected and quarantined. The only difference is I show it being a Suspicious.Cloud2 infection. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cptdave;2122061 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone also burdened with Symantec Endpoint Protection is having the problem we now seem to be facing.

Whenever we download the Zenworks agent from our ZCM Server (linux) to a PC, symantec Quarantines it. This has only started happening this week (there was a definition update yesterday).

We usually download the the full 32bit version (i've had trouble with the network install before).

The Symantec risk log gives a really obscure reason for blocking the "PreAgentPkg_AgentComplete.exe" file, it says the risk is "WS.Reputation.1" :

WS.Reputation.1 | Symantec

Our Symantec build is 12.1.601.4699 I would post this on the symantec forums, but I think there is more chance of finding one of you guys running Symantec, than someone on the Symantec forums using Zenworks.

Our Antivirus Monkey is off this week, but I was just curious if anyone else was having the same problem, it seems to be happening on all our PC's.

Thanks
Dave
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.