taylormasd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When is content ready?

When I make a bundle with a LOT of content (4+ gb), If I try to run it to soon after creating it,
the bundle fails with an error saying something along the lines of "content not ready" and I have
to wait a while before the bundle will run without error.

I understand that the zcm server may need to do some processing of the data before the bundle can
be successfully run.

Is there any way that I can check if the content is ready for distribution?

Thanks in advance!

Taylor
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: When is content ready?

taylormasd;2274825 wrote:
When I make a bundle with a LOT of content (4+ gb), If I try to run it to soon after creating it,
the bundle fails with an error saying something along the lines of "content not ready" and I have
to wait a while before the bundle will run without error.

I understand that the zcm server may need to do some processing of the data before the bundle can
be successfully run.

Is there any way that I can check if the content is ready for distribution?

Thanks in advance!

Taylor

This is a bug/defect.
You need to ensure few things:
1) That you do NOT logout of the ZCC until the content is truly finished processing (see below)
and/or
2) You need to ensure that the ZCC timeout doesn't kick in either (default of 30 minutes). So if you upload a lot of stuff (mostly dependent upon the AMOUNT of files, not the actual size), and you hit the 30 minute timeout, your content will be trashed/corrupted.

I believe you need to look at the loader-messages on the ZCM server you are using the ZCC on.

If it's on Linux, you'll probably want to use:
tail -f
on the log file
and watch it process the content.
0 Likes
Highlighted
taylormasd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kjhurni;2274859 wrote:
This is a bug/defect.
You need to ensure few things:
1) That you do NOT logout of the ZCC until the content is truly finished processing (see below)
and/or
2) You need to ensure that the ZCC timeout doesn't kick in either (default of 30 minutes). So if you upload a lot of stuff (mostly dependent upon the AMOUNT of files, not the actual size), and you hit the 30 minute timeout, your content will be trashed/corrupted.

I believe you need to look at the loader-messages on the ZCM server you are using the ZCC on.

If it's on Linux, you'll probably want to use:
tail -f
on the log file
and watch it process the content.

1 and 2 aren't an issue, as I have turned off the timeout on my ZCC server (trying to figure out if that would fix this issue) and I never log out of my ZCC session 😄

I am getting the error message because the content hasn't finished processing AND I try to run the bundle, so I'm trying to find out how to tell when the content has finished processing.

My ZCC servers are Linux, can you tell me the exact log and it's location? I will then run a tail -f on it and hopefully get a better understanding of when the content is done being processed...

Thanks in advance,

Taylor
0 Likes
xvastx Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I check large bundle statuses by opening the bundle's page in ZCC and going to Settings -> Primary Server Replication.

There you can tell if the bundle isn't ready if it isn't "Available". For example large 4GB+ bundles tend to come up as "Packaging" for quite a while after bundle creation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.