ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: When the new Imaging Engine will be out?

Nothing else....

I did just what you did, and saw a 300 % decrease in imaging time

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

bdesaute wrote:

> Something else to check? Do you uload your image with compression,
> speed, none??

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
bdesaute Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again.

I did a new install on a physical server (good specs). But when I want to import the ntfs driver, i've got this message :
"Checksum of the uploaded Tuxera NTFS driver file does not match with the expected checksum in the NTFSDriver.conf file." I can change the checksum in the file so it matchs, but is this normal?
0 Likes
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nope...but when said, no idea on how to procede here.....Shaun ?

Would myself reproduce on a VM, and then do a copy to the real box

/Tommy
--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

bdesaute wrote:

> but is this norma

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
bdesaute Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok, I managed to get it work. (but I had to change the checksum in the file NTFSDriver.conf).
Got 24 min instead of an hour+. So, it's a good step for us!

Thanks for your time!

Ben
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bdesaute,

yeah that's the correct way - obviously the 2 will match when we ship
🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
bdesaute Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again...

Well..... download of the image is faster. BUT... when Windows reboot, I have a lot of error. It performs a check disk, I had a blue screen, etc.
My image is done in VMware Workstation 8, then booted with the tntfs.iso to create the image, and restored back in PXE. It's working well with ZCM 11, but the same image (it's a snapshot in VM) in SP2 with the Tuxera driver is not working. I will make further tests... will let you know.

Thanks

Ben
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bdesaute,

any discussion of that beta driver ought to be in the community builds
forum, since it's not a released or supported product yet 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
bdesaute Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hoooo!!! I was not aware of this forum. I will read what others have been trough... and maybe wait a bit for the next release!!

Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Took some time to find out, that the driver reads the checksum case sensitive 😉

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

ouch... I asked about how we will handle updates once 11.2 ships, and I'm told "In production when we update the driver we will release an update to the conf file and the customer will need to update the driver."
I take that to mean that we'll put the conf file either in system update or a FTF, and you'll need to go and re-download the driver

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Okay... well as long as the checksum in the new conf files is the right ones, then this sounds fine. The re-download part is fast done 🙂

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

I intend to keep an eye on the process...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Then it's in good hands 🙂

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
posty Absent Member.
Absent Member.

@shaun:

i just upgraded to 11 sp2 and the main reason for that was the great enhancement ill get with the tuxera imaging ntfs driver!

did i miss something or is the only way to get the better performance from the tuxera image-driver by using a bootcd? (TID 7009549)
i am really looking forward to use my pxeboot environment to make and restore images!

So could you please enlight me 😄

thx in advance,
martin

PS: i am also a user of the ENGL Imaging Toolkit: are there any hints or best practice tipps to get this feature working!?!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.