ecmastrean
Visitor.

WinPE and Imange Safe Data

We have been using WinPE for a few months now. Last week I needed to add a driver to the winpe.wim file. Now our imaging script is not writing to image safe data but only when using PowerShell which our script is written in. So using PowerShell, here are the commands and results:
zisedit ScriptedImage=True
Unknown parameter (0): 'ScriptedImage=True'

zisedit ComputerName=$WSNAME
Unknown parameter (0): 'ComputerName=PCTECH-5490'

zisedit dnsHostname=$WSNAME
Unknown parameter (0): 'dnsHostname=PCTECH-5490'

Yet when I boot into WinPE maintenance mode, close zenworktodo.exe and in the command window type zisedit dnsHostname=$WSNAME the result is "The ZISD DNS Host Name is set to 'PCTECH-5490'. I can verify the value has been set in image safe data. But if in the command window I type "powershell" and run the same commands, I get the above errors.

Our winpe.wim files contain the following additions:
WinPE-NetFx
WinPE-NetFx_en-us
WinPE-PowerShell
WinPE-PowerShell_en-us
NIC drivers for the Optiplex 5060 and Surface Pro

Am I missing anything? Any idea why zisedit commands are not running in PowerShell?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: WinPE and Imange Safe Data

Not a clue..........
Maybe something corrupted when adding the WinPE WIM Files?

Not saying that is likely or probable.........
Just not coming up with any other ideas......Googling "Unknown Parameter (0)" in general did not shed much light....may try Googling again with a fresh mind this week............
0 Likes
ecmastrean
Visitor.

Re: WinPE and Imange Safe Data

I Googled "Unknown Parameter (0)" too and it was not helpful. I just thought I'd post it on the forum to see if anyone has seen this before.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.