clarja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WinPE maintenance Mode no longer works after May img update

Hi,

I applied the May imaging update to our ZCM 11.3.2 server to support some new NIC hardware.

However amongst the many issues I have had with this update (a previous NIC that worked no longer does) I have just discovered that our WinPE Maintenance Mode that I launch from the imaging menu no longer works, after I select it I get the message:

Using configuration file: winpe64.cfg
PXENV_RESTART_TFTP failed 0x1 0x1

I have used this countless times just before the imaging update - have rebooted the server but unsure to why this is happening from the update.
Does it want WAIK re-installed, don't know why it would?

Any ideas appreciated.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
clarja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: WinPE maintenance Mode no longer works after May img upd

Have re uploaded winpe.wim and imagex.exe etc from WADK thinking this might need to be re-uploaded.

However this did not fix the issue. I have only just been shipped UEFI supporting PXE on some HP 800G2`s and discovered that the UEFI PXE boots fine into the imaging menu then the selected WinPE maintenance Mode.

So the rest of my fleet which don't do UEFI PXE boot no longer works as of last week and all come up with the above error.

Is there a way I can get my legacy pxe booting machines back up to using the WinPE Maintenance Mode at all?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Backup your winpe64.cfg and overwrite the winpe64.cfg with your winpe.cfg and see if that helps.
This will boot your 64bit devices with 32bit winpe files.

Your 64-bit Winpe environment may not be setup correctly.

If that does not help, just revert....just taking a stab w/o seeing much.
0 Likes
seluxmetall Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have the same problem here. Overwriting the winpe64.cfg with winpe.cfg did not help, unfortunately.
Any other suggestions?

Peter
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

May want to open a Ticket...I'm not aware of this issue ever being officially reported so it's hard to say what is wrong.
Normally it works fine, so it would likely take someone digging in to your setup to see what went wrong.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.