MoffattD Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Windows 10 Feature Update April 2018

I was looking for this feature update in patch management but could not find it. Is it possible to push out the Windows 10 feature updates through patch management?

Thank you

Darren
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Windows 10 Feature Update April 2018

Certainly....

Here is a nice starter guide...

https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/deploying-windows-10-feature-updates-via-zenworks-patch-management/

You can also copy content locally instead of using a share.....depending on your preference....

moffatd;2480202 wrote:
I was looking for this feature update in patch management but could not find it. Is it possible to push out the Windows 10 feature updates through patch management?

Thank you

Darren
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thank you very much Craig. I appreciate the link

Darren
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Well, after a number of frustrating hours working on this, I can't get it to work.
Last question. is this feature update even found in patch management, or do I need to download it and create a bundle to push this out?

Darren
0 Likes
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The feature update would have to be created and then manually placed in Patch Management. The article Craig referenced provides how to get it to show up in ZPM so you can see what version you have that need updated and then use ZPM to push the "Bundle" out to the desired workstations using ZPM as the service.

With that said, I have had a hard time getting most of my clients to update using the setup.exe /auto upgrade method. Even after removing my AV and other software items that were interfering. They tend to error repeatedly with the user files and 1st or 2nd reboot issues. This issue is even outside of bundles or ZPM as the initiation service.

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has this working and how they got around some of those errors.

Richard
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

See my comments on the link today.....
https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/deploying-windows-10-feature-updates-via-zenworks-patch-management/#comment-520977

Yes, I have it working...
Simply needed to switch to SYSTEM from DAU.
With DAU, I did see the "Rollback" issue refernced by others....but not with SYSTEM.

Pending additional validation...the article itself will likely be updated.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

I found a command to run which launches the update. It is server\share\setup.exe /auto upgrade /dynamicupdate disable. The only problem is, the update does not run silently, so I'm not sure how I can launch this in ZENworks as a bundle/patch.
I have to create a script that will launch a scheduled task on the remote machines in order to run it silently, unless someone has a better way?

Darren
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The article has you covered....
It is the /quiet option....

But of course you won't be running it from the server..................
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.