bkferrante Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Windows 10 Issues after Installing ZCM Agent

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.  Been having some issues with creating a base image of Windows 10 no matter the build number.  I believe that the issue involves the installation of the full Zenworks agent (with dotNET) to the system.  I can load the image, install OES Client (OES2 SP4 IR11) and log in with no problems with eDirectory login in via the client.  Once I get into the Windows 10 desktop everything functions normally.  When I install the agent (17.3.0.1270) and it reboots the system when I log back into Windows 10 Edge will not function at all, the ZCM agent Technician Application will take a long time to open +30 minutes and will say not responding during that time.  The Windows 10 system settings options will also run similar to the Agent.  All functions of Windows 10 seem to run very sluggish after the agent install and have seen this with all Windows 10 build images I have tried to create.  I have not got to any GPO being pushed to the systems so they are not causing any issues.  The only thing being pushed is the DLU Admin package.

Any thoughts or logs that can point me in the right direction of the issue?  I realize I'm not on the current Zenworks Update but I'm not seeing any issues describing the problems in the forums.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Windows 10 Issues after Installing ZCM Agent

Hi Brian,

There are not any known issues around this so I have no reason to think a newer version would help.

I would start by trying a few of things....They are all independent of each other...

#1 - Prior to Installing the ZCM Agent, Set the Following Registry Keys.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Novell\ZCM]
"ZISWin Do Not Restore Mask"=dword:0000013c
"ZISWin Sysprep Restore Mask"=dword:0000013c

Install the ZCM Agent and see if the issue occurs.....

#2 - Remove any Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware/Similar products before installing the ZCM Agent.  If this helps, it may be a matter of looking at various exclusions.

#3 - In the ZCC, Go to the "Settings->Device Management" ->"ZENwork Agent", select override and uncheck "Installed" for each "Agent Feature" refresh device, and reboot when prompted.  If this solves the issue, start adding back in features/spokes until one more culprits are identified.  At that point, there could be an area of of focus.

@bkferrante wrote:

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.  Been having some issues with creating a base image of Windows 10 no matter the build number.  I believe that the issue involves the installation of the full Zenworks agent (with dotNET) to the system.  I can load the image, install OES Client (OES2 SP4 IR11) and log in with no problems with eDirectory login in via the client.  Once I get into the Windows 10 desktop everything functions normally.  When I install the agent (17.3.0.1270) and it reboots the system when I log back into Windows 10 Edge will not function at all, the ZCM agent Technician Application will take a long time to open +30 minutes and will say not responding during that time.  The Windows 10 system settings options will also run similar to the Agent.  All functions of Windows 10 seem to run very sluggish after the agent install and have seen this with all Windows 10 build images I have tried to create.  I have not got to any GPO being pushed to the systems so they are not causing any issues.  The only thing being pushed is the DLU Admin package.

Any thoughts or logs that can point me in the right direction of the issue?  I realize I'm not on the current Zenworks Update but I'm not seeing any issues describing the problems in the forums.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Craig,

Registry settings additions did not make any change to the issue.  The only thing running on the WIN 10 base image would be Windows Defender from factory.  The ZCC go to configuration->Device Management->ZENwork Agent I could not find and option to select override.  I'm able to see the installed checked for the Agent Feature but once again no override.  I was not able to test this option as of yet.  Please advise.

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

See the pictures on how to select "Over Ride", so the options to set features to "Uninstalled" become enabled.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Craig,

Update, tried unchecking installed and which toggled them to disabled.  Tried a reboot after each change and then a agent refresh to make sure there was no further reboot required by the agent.  After each try the image acted the same as described before.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.