kfreise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Workstation Only double login

On ZCM 10.1.3 I had to use the following registry key to disable a second login prompt when selecting "Workstation Only":

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Zenworks\ZenLgn]
"HonorClient32WorkstationOnlyCheckbox"=dword:00000001

I upgraded to 10.2.0 and rolled out some new client devices and they get the second login when selecting the Workstation Only option WITHOUT the registry key.

Was this not patched in 10.2.0? If not, is it safe to apply this old workaround to my new clients?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Workstation Only double login

The old setting was not a workaround, it was a configuration option.
The fact you select "WS Only" does not necessarily mean you don't want to
Continue to use the previous setting if that is the behavior you want.

"kfreise" <kfreise@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:kfreise.3uyxpb@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> On ZCM 10.1.3 I had to use the following registry key to disable a
> second login prompt when selecting "Workstation Only":
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Zenworks\ZenLgn]
> "HonorClient32WorkstationOnlyCheckbox"=dword:00000001
>
> I upgraded to 10.2.0 and rolled out some new client devices and they
> get the second login when selecting the Workstation Only option WITHOUT
> the registry key.
>
> Was this not patched in 10.2.0? If not, is it safe to apply this old
> workaround to my new clients?
>
>
> --
> kfreise
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> kfreise's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=46346
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=379343
>

0 Likes
maloyd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Saying this is a configuration options implies that it can be set within the Zenworks Control Center. Is this true? I would like to have my workstations ignore Zenworks when workstation only is selected. A registry edit is cumbersome because most users do not have local admin privileges. Can this be configured for all users through the Zenworks Control Center?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

maloyd;1894838 wrote:
Saying this is a configuration options implies that it can be set within the Zenworks Control Center. Is this true? I would like to have my workstations ignore Zenworks when workstation only is selected. A registry edit is cumbersome because most users do not have local admin privileges. Can this be configured for all users through the Zenworks Control Center?

Set the registry edit action to run as system then it will work even though your users have only user privileges.

Thomas
0 Likes
maloyd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, I'll give this a try.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.