hunterrro
New Member.

Workstation Update Assigned not updating.

I have a windows 10 workstation that states the update is assigned but not updating I ran the Zac Zeus-Ref and it states the following.

System.InvalidOperationException: Service ZENworksUpdaterService was not found on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service

How do I get this to update?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Workstation Update Assigned not updating.

Set this key....

Create the following registry entry to force the ZCM agent to use the legacy System Update mechanism: HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM:EnableTraditionalUpdate (Reg_SZ):True

Remove it after the agent updates.
The key above will set the Core ZCM Agent to handle the SU instead of ZEUS.
0 Likes
hunterrro
New Member.

I've set the key as you suggested above. Will it start the update on it's own or do I have to do something to get it started?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

hunterrro;2494842 wrote:
I've set the key as you suggested above. Will it start the update on it's own or do I have to do something to get it started?

Tried zac ref?

Thomas
0 Likes
hunterrro
New Member.

Yes I have and still not updating.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hunterrro;2494919 wrote:
Yes I have and still not updating.

You could try the stand-alone updater.....
https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2017-update-3/zen_sys_updates/data/b18h06hw.html

However, since some services are known to be missing...it is hard to tell how broken the agent may be on the device.
Uninstall/Reinstall may be simpler.
0 Likes
hunterrro
New Member.

What's the easiest way to uninstall the agent so I can reinstall it? Can I just go through the apps and uninstall it from the computer then re-install the agent?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Normally yes....If that fails let me know....
0 Likes
hunterrro
New Member.

That worked. It is now updating to the latest version of the ZENworks agent. Thank you for all or your help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.