nuborgh Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ZAPP Default folder and folder icoons

Can i set a folder to open as default on the new zenworks application launcher.

And can i set specific images as icoon for folders?

thanks for the idea.

greetings Wilfred
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZAPP Default folder and folder icoons

#1 - No, but would be a good enhancement request.

#2 - No, but not feasible with current design because folders are not actual Objects that could be assigned an icon.
Rather they are an attribute of individual bundles and that attribute could not really define an icon or could easily result in conflict between bundles.....

Number 2 would require a design change, where Folders are objects to which a bundle could be assigned.....could still be an RFE but one with a vastly higher effort level.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Added thought...If you wanted ALL folders to share a common icon....that may be feasible.....not sure...but could not define an icon based upon folder name.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thanks Craig ,

I have seen this idea https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-zcm/Idea/Detail/13239
but development didnt respond on it.
0 Likes
sveld1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just try to get people to vote for this IDEA as more votes mean it'll be more likely to get implemented.

Best regards, Sebastiaan Veld If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 08:34:02 GMT, sveld
<sveld@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>Just try to get people to vote for this IDEA as more votes mean it'll be
>more likely to get implemented.

I added my vote...seems like a useful improvement to me.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

If this post was helpful and you are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I've have in my to do list, to create a script or utility that will do two things..........

#1 - Automatically adjust the ZAPP Window size to a pre-defined size, unless ZAPP is not at the default size meaning the user adjusted so we don't want to over ride user choice in most cases.
Pie in the sky....idea....set a default based on screen resolution......
Perhaps an option to set default size regardless....

#2 - Set Default Folder.

#3 - ZAPP Window Position...lower priority here...

Any other Startup Wishes?
Mind you....I'm not altering ZAPP code, I'm just thinking some type of VBS or other script that will adjust the Window after it launches.

No promises....Just something I may look at when I have nothing else on my plate...which is never 🙂
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

That is what we are looking for..
Folder icoon is not a requirement but default start map would be nice to have.

gr Wilfred
CRAIGDWILSON;2474225 wrote:
I've have in my to do list, to create a script or utility that will do two things..........

#1 - Automatically adjust the ZAPP Window size to a pre-defined size, unless ZAPP is not at the default size meaning the user adjusted so we don't want to over ride user choice in most cases.

#2 - Set Default Folder.

Mind you....I'm not altering ZAPP code, I'm just thinking some type of VBS or other script that will adjust the Window after it launches.

No promises....Just something I may look at when I have nothing else on my plate...which is never 🙂
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

CRAIGDWILSON;2474225 wrote:

#2 - Set Default Folder.

any results?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.