Dist88 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZAPP very slow refresh

I have zenworks 2017 and windows 1703. After a few logins zenworks isn't usable. If you click on ZAPP in the lower right in red it says "Waiting for ZENworks agent to do initial refresh". It doesn't do anything from there. I've seen it sometimes go past this point but can take from 5 to 30 minutes. I didn't really see anything in the log that stands out and it shows that zenworks is doing stuff long after it's logged in. other odd things. if you right click on the Zenworks icon in the system try everything is grayed out except Check for updates and help.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Dist88 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZAPP very slow refresh

Upgrading to update 1 now.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Let us know if that helps.........While not this specific issue, ZAPP work was one of the main focuses for the update.
0 Likes
Dist88 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The update appears to have resolved that issue. I have logged in a couple dozen times rotting though a few users and only had a few minor issues.
First one was that all icons didn't always appear but did after a refresh.
second was the icons on the desktop show up white for about 5 seconds but then it works.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are frequently seeing the issue of "No Icons" until refresh..........

Look Here: ZCC->Configuration->Infrastructure Management->Assignment Optimization Settings.
Consider Disabling This.

ZCM will Pre-Calculate all assignments for all device every 2hrs by default.
The Agent will read the Pre-Calculated assignments.

Most Zones I have analyzed, this takes significantly less than 0.1 seconds nearly all the time with an occasional blip to 1 second.
In short, it really gains little.

If you have a HUGE zone and intentionally force all devices to refresh at the same exact time, then it can be useful.....but that is not normal or even wise 🙂

Even when "Disabled", the calculation is still performed and the results are used by reporting services for which the pre-calculations are of immense value....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.