rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 10.2.2 Agent Issue

I just recently updated my ZCM system to 10.2.2. The server seemed to update just fine and the first few clients updated like they should but now it seems like 1 out of 50 will install correctly but the rest fail. It seems like the Bundle portion doesn't update to 10.2.2 but the rest of the agents updates to the correct version. When trying a manual install after cleaning a laptop I get an error stating the primary agent failed to install. This seems to be what is causing major issues with my laptops. The laptops are extremely slow after this failure and some will not allow login's or they fail to shutdown at all.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this or how to fix this?

Rich
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 10.2.2 Agent Issue

Further testing on this shows that it is failing when installing CASA.msi.

SLES10SP2 ZCM10.2.2
Windows XP SP3 Was ZCM10.2.1

Rich
0 Likes
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After working on this issue for 6 hours yesterday I found that some clients upgrade just fine. Those that do not will not upgrade even if the Adaptive Agent is uninstalled and the 10.2.2 agent is installed as if the client is new. Is there any MS patches or services that ZCM needs to install the agent? I haven't found anything special that would cause some of the clients to fail and others to work just fine.

For now I have canceld the 10.2.2 update so that further clients don't fail and the clients I fix don't try to update again. The Server updated like it was suppose to and shows all agents at the 10.2.2 level. I am assuming that I will have to update The server again so that it baselines to do any further updates correct? Is there an easy way to do this with the clients failing like they are? (ie update the server and leave the clients on either 10.2.0 or 10.2.1?)

Thanks

Rich
0 Likes
Highlighted
hsingh25 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have the same issue, push out the agent to about 900+ computers and of that around 50 of them have issue. The computers become unstable, very slow, freeze up. Any one has a working solution. We re-image a few of them and the issue was resolved of these computers however still like to fix the rest of them.
0 Likes
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did find out what was causing my clients to fail. Probably should have posted this after I found it.... Sorry. 🙂

What I found was that in using Panda Security software for my antivirus, the TruPrevent portion of the AV was killing the deployment of ZENWorks. After talking to Panda support I was informed to modify the TruPrevent policies to better handle the ZENworks modules. Not sure if this will help you out. What I was seeing is that about half of my clients would fail.

I am starting to look for new AV software. Kills ZENworks but isn't catching actual viruses... NOT GOOD.

HTH

Rich
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.