Highlighted
sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 10.3.1 to ZCM 11.0.0.41501 - Asked to Login to Realm

I broke down and contacted our vendor, they through "spond" reference to the bug number open an SR with Novell. We received the patch and applied it to our servers. There were some inconsistencies with the documentation but we worked through it.
After $400 in support call we believe the authentication bug is fixed, not to mention other noticeable performance gains. I think the price is high to fix an otherwise malfunctioning product. Novell should make the patch freely available to all customers with high stipulation that only apply if encountering described issue.

Zenworks 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64:cool: MS SQL 2008 Windows XP & Windows 7 Clients
0 Likes
heuvenk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there,

I am having the same problem over here, i did a clean install of zcm11 on a sles10 vm machine, i did a clean install and not a upgrade because i did not want to run in to these kind of problems but, after setting up the server i downloaded and installed the adaptive agent and after a reboot of the workstation it is impossible to login the realm.

"unable to log into the zenworks realm because the system has disconnected from the network and the specific etc.."

What did you do to solve this? i would like to continu setting up my test environment.

With kind regards,

Kees van Heuven
Holland
0 Likes
mchonopm
New Member.

I have encounter similar thing. For my case, I have re-install the entire server include OS and ZENworks. After that it work fine.
0 Likes
heuvenk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there, thanks for the reply it's nice to hear i am not the only one who is experiencing (?) this issue.. i guess a reinstall is the way to go for now.

Gr,

Kees

mchonopm;2088990 wrote:
I have encounter similar thing. For my case, I have re-install the entire server include OS and ZENworks. After that it work fine.
0 Likes
heuvenk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there,

The problem is still present, can some one shoot me some config questions? maybe i am missing something the complete message is:

Unable to log into the zenworks realm because the has disconnected from the network and the specific credentials did not match with the credentials cached on the system

I am pretty sure there is a mis configuration some where...

Regards,

Kees van Heuven
Holland
0 Likes
odegos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you updated / incremented the DLU Policy? I had the same realm issues and incremented the version and all seem to settle down.
0 Likes
heuvenk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there Odegos,

Thanks for the reply how do you increment? i am running zcm11 ...

Gr,

Kees
0 Likes
odegos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can make a change somwhere hit apply, revert the change hit apply agian and then republish it from the sadbox. Thats how I do it atleast, not sure if there is a better way arround this.
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm seeing also the same issue.
We have ZCM11 now for about 2 months. The update went fine for 90% of the workstations.
10% needs a manual uninstall of the old zcm 10.3.0 client and a fresh zcm 11 client.

Now people are calling randomly that when they login to novell client, the get an extra screen "Novell zenworks configuration management" and asked for a second login . Normally that screen must not come up!. The fastest resolution for us is to rollout the image again and it's solved, but for how long.

It looks like the clients will randomly broken after a period. But how can i debug that kind of failures. It's hard to translate / understand all the client log files.
For a about 250 machines, 1 or 2 per week will show this failures!
0 Likes
technomoney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

odegos;2090127 wrote:
Have you updated / incremented the DLU Policy? I had the same realm issues and incremented the version and all seem to settle down.

Why increment the DLU when its working on many other workstations? At least thats my case.

0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yesterday we had a power failure and all the workstations shutdown immediatly (no ups for the clients).
After booting up all the machines (about 100 that day), 7 of them were broken.
Get the "login to zcm realm" popup after hitting username/pass into novell client.
Manual fill in the username and pass is not working.

I read here something about a fix? Or is that another issue
0 Likes
jvmorrell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Has anyone had a fix for this?
I've just started to roll out the 11 client after upgrading?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

floort;2107255 wrote:
Yesterday we had a power failure and all the workstations shutdown immediatly (no ups for the clients).
After booting up all the machines (about 100 that day), 7 of them were broken.
Get the "login to zcm realm" popup after hitting username/pass into novell client.
Manual fill in the username and pass is not working.

I read here something about a fix? Or is that another issue

I doubt it's related.
Does reregistering help?
Most likely something corrupted, but I have not heard this before.
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zac rereg doesn't help!

CRAIGDWILSON;2107405 wrote:
I doubt it's related.
Does reregistering help?
Most likely something corrupted, but I have not heard this before.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You would have to unreg, zac cc and then zac reg.

--
Jared Jennings
Senior Systems Engineer, Computer Integrated Services (CIS)
http://www.ciscony.com

My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
Twitter@ jaredljennings
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.