scopsm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 11.1: when to use edit ini file or edit text file action

Hi,

I am trying to create a bundle in ZCM11.1 where I will edit the Chrome preferences file which is located in %appdata%\Roaming\Chrome\Default\preferences (located in the user's roaming appdata profile): for any existing user who has this file.

Do I use Action Edit ini file or Action Edit text file in this case?

Also, I want to add a line in this file which is
"download":{ "default_directory": "H:\\My Documents"}

The section "default_directory": "H:\\My Documents"} doesn't already exist.

How do I go about doing this?

Similarly, I want to edit the Firefox preferences file (located in the user's roaming appdata profile):
%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\default\prefs.js
and add a line:
user_pref("browser.download.dir", "H:\\My Documents");

Thanks,
Paul
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZCM 11.1: when to use edit ini file or edit text file ac

scopsm;2225102 wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to create a bundle in ZCM11.1 where I will edit the Chrome preferences file which is located in %appdata%\Roaming\Chrome\Default\preferences (located in the user's roaming appdata profile): for any existing user who has this file.

Do I use Action Edit ini file or Action Edit text file in this case?

Also, I want to add a line in this file which is
"download":{ "default_directory": "H:\\My Documents"}

The section "default_directory": "H:\\My Documents"} doesn't already exist.

How do I go about doing this?

Similarly, I want to edit the Firefox preferences file (located in the user's roaming appdata profile):
%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\default\prefs.js
and add a line:
user_pref("browser.download.dir", "H:\\My Documents");

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,
this forum is meant for ZENworks AdminStudio related questiond... I believe you will get more views and help if you post you question in: ZCM11: Bundles - Windows

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.