roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 11.3.2 Upgrade

Hello folks

I updated my ZCM server this past weekend to ZCM 11.3.2.. Just noticed there is a update to 11.3.2 called 11.3.2FRU1 dated 04/14/15.. My question is:
1) Should I import this FRU1 file into the system before all the managed devices have their agent updated to 11.3.2 version ?? ( im working on getting all the managed windows computers updated to the 11.3.2 client but that may take a while)

2) If/when I import this FRU1 update into the system, will it make my 11.3.2 update disappear or will they both show as available updates ??..(obviously I need the current 11.3.2 update to be available to be able to update managed clients to 11.3.2 before I apply the FRU1 update to them.. (I am assuming this will be a 2 step process).

Thanks for any guidance you can give me in advance

Doug
Labels (2)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZCM 11.3.2 Upgrade

roehmdo;2400040 wrote:
Hello folks

I updated my ZCM server this past weekend to ZCM 11.3.2.. Just noticed there is a update to 11.3.2 called 11.3.2FRU1 dated 04/14/15.. My question is:
1) Should I import this FRU1 file into the system before all the managed devices have their agent updated to 11.3.2 version ?? ( im working on getting all the managed windows computers updated to the 11.3.2 client but that may take a while)

2) If/when I import this FRU1 update into the system, will it make my 11.3.2 update disappear or will they both show as available updates ??..(obviously I need the current 11.3.2 update to be available to be able to update managed clients to 11.3.2 before I apply the FRU1 update to them.. (I am assuming this will be a 2 step process).

Thanks for any guidance you can give me in advance

Doug

1. You can import it at any time you want, doesn't matter which version the managed devices agents are on.
2. It will not make 11.3.2 disappear since it depends on it so both will be visible, like you said it's at 2 step process, the managed device will need to be updated to 11.3.2 before you can apply 11.3.2FRU1 to it.

Thomas
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Roehmdo,

do you know you are experiencing one or more of the problems that
11.3.2 FRU1 fixes? If not, then you'd be best advised not to deploy it,
since it will not have received the same amount of testing as a regular
release.

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes I am seeing the slow login issue with the 11.3.2 agent..spends fair amount of time looking for user sources.. not seeing that with older agents
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

roehmdo;2400185 wrote:
yes I am seeing the slow login issue with the 11.3.2 agent..spends fair amount of time looking for user sources.. not seeing that with older agents

Ok, if you have eDir as usersource then 11.3.2FRU1 is a must have IMHO because that patch fixes the slow warm logon issue.

Thomas
0 Likes
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Im seeing the delay on "warm" logins on checking user sources.. about 20 seconds on warm logins... very quick on cold logins...in your opinion is this worth installing the FRU1 to fix or should I wait for SP4 ?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

roehmdo;2400200 wrote:
Im seeing the delay on "warm" logins on checking user sources.. about 20 seconds on warm logins... very quick on cold logins...in your opinion is this worth installing the FRU1 to fix or should I wait for SP4 ?

Depends, I have not participated in the SP4 beta so I don't know how the quality is... Usually I wait for the first minor update at least before I upgrade to newer SP... If you decide to wait for SP4 then I would not even roll out 11.3.2 to the workstation because of this slow logon issue.

Thomas
0 Likes
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok - but I rolled out 11.3.2 client to about 100 devices before I realized the login issue.. I guess the only way to correct those would be to apply FRU1 to the server and then to those 100 devices ??
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

roehmdo;2400204 wrote:
ok - but I rolled out 11.3.2 client to about 100 devices before I realized the login issue.. I guess the only way to correct those would be to apply FRU1 to the server and then to those 100 devices ??

Yes.

Thomas
0 Likes
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks - are u running the FRU1 version ?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

roehmdo;2400250 wrote:
thanks - are u running the FRU1 version ?

Yes, works great.

Thomas
0 Likes
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

upgraded to 11.3.2 FRU1 and it seemed to fix the warm login issue... thanks for all your help
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

roehmdo;2400547 wrote:
upgraded to 11.3.2 FRU1 and it seemed to fix the warm login issue... thanks for all your help

NP!

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.