farmers_LSD Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

ZCM 11.4.3 to 2017 Fails

On 11.4.3 running on Server 2012R2
MS SQL 2014 running on Server 2012R2
Both are virtulaized
Both are fully patched

It gets through most of the setup, but during the part where it shuts down services, I see "updating database schema" and some other text which goes too fast.

I can restart everything and my 11.4.3 installation at least "appears" to be fully functional. I have run ZDC on 11.4.3 and it looked fine. I have restarted both ZCM and SQL servers. While the SQL database is down, it wouldn't continue setup, so I assume the connection is fine because when it's up it does continue.

What log would be helpful for troubleshooting? Below is link for the Upgrade XML file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_iPvMNFhzupweR0wamodU86sstc_eRNt/view?usp=sharing
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Frequent Contributor.

Re: ZCM 11.4.3 to 2017 Fails

Apparently I do have a problem with the Audit database connection.

When running ZDC it fails. How do I handle that? Do I need to submit an SR? I don't use the Audit stuff, so never noticed a problem. I had an issue a few months ago where I had to change the SQL passwords. I made them both the same and changed in the appropriate files.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Re: ZCM 11.4.3 to 2017 Fails

OK. So when I had reset passwords, I must have assigned zenMain as the zenAudit database owner. I set the owner to be zenAudit. ZDC completed. Now running the upgrade again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.