djnikos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 11 Freezes my SQL Servers

Please help.

everytime i deploy ZCM11 o a Win 2003 Server with SQL running on it, it freeses the machine compleetly.

I am running the machines in VmWare ESX Vcenter4

I can make the zac unr command, and the machine is running without problems again!

I have updatet from ZCM 10 to 11 And made a new zone, gone form SLES 11 ZCM 10, to Win 2008 R2 ZCM 11

The updtae went without any problems, on all other servers, exept 2 SQL Servers (2003)
I also hav a SQL on 2008 R2, where the update went throug without problems.

So this seems to be a 2003 Error.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
djnikos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 Freezes my SQL Servers

By the way the Zenworks Installation takes up 6 GB According to Add/Remove Programs!
0 Likes
danh2010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

djnikos;2094444 wrote:
By the way the Zenworks Installation takes up 6 GB According to Add/Remove Programs!

I had a similar issue with my installs as they were over 3GB. I am still unsure of what happened, but after an uninstall and a redeployment, it was fine - and I've NOT had that same 3GB issue with anything other than my initial deployment test.

Dan
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't think that it is the SQL server, that does the trick... but never say never. What version are you running of it?
Of course it could be the compination of the 2003, SQL and the ZCM 11 together. I've tried to install it with SQL 2008R2 on server 2008R2 and no problem. But seen the problem with some installs on clients workstations.
Which agent features are enabled on the servers?

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
djnikos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is sql 2005 On an WIndows 2003 R2 Enterprice

As i wrote i have a sql 2008 on 2008 r2 Server x64 No Problems!!!
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My bad 😉

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
djnikos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have tried completly to remove zenworks Cleared ziswin etc

and redeply.
Same problem, as soon as the Client is updating info, the server freezes, but can still be pinged

@nop1983 >> No Problems, thanks for tryng to help 😉
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi djnikos

I've tried to install the agent on a 2003 server with sql 2005. No problems, so sadly no help here either. But we only run the inventory features on servers, so not much of features to conflict with the other products 😉

Hope you get it solved.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.