clarja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 11 Patch Management

Hi,

New to Patch Management and using the trial that came as we upgraded from 10.3.0a to 11.

My PM is downloading Patches fine, I go and test one by selecting the patches Not patched link, unticking all the computers and ticking one that I want to test. I then go to the action menu and select deploy remediation - then select all the options including setting a date and time (I have realised that choosing now when not cached causes error:

Failed to process action: Information for id 3f0bdbd928e2944a2d933d146cffe48d has not been cached.)

I have not progressed to the next stage in our 11 rollout as we are having issues with BSOD on xp and win7 getting stuck at welcome screen on login or BSOD on shutdowns.
Currently we have a mix of winxp with 10.3.0a, 11 and 11 Cumulative patch. This is the same for win7.

I have tried deploying to all flavours of above and different patches (eg symantec endpoint virus defns and adobe 9 or X) but still i get the following error:

Action "9f29b1bb059fdf69a9d9fcaa1bb2f5a9" of the child bundle "Adobe Reader X 10.0.0 for Windows (FullUpgrade) (E--797867525" failed.

I have watched the agent properties and seen the patch download do some HDD activity and then just stop usually with no error (one time i have seen an error on client was when a SEP virus defn went out to a winxp 10.3.0a - C++ errror with smc.exe and the symantec client shut down)

Is there something I am doing wrong - I have a friend in a similar environment (school SOE across state) who can do the PM on ZCM11.

thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
clarja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 Patch Management

Further logs on a win7 10.3.0a show the below

Faulting application name: remediate.exe, version: 10.2.2.3, time stamp: 0x4b75dc29
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x6a63324e
Faulting process id: 0x1124
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc0b7afea3b355
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\zpm\remediate.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 40bd5429-776e-11e0-98ac-002481916f06

Category: ActionManager
ActionMan.ActionContinueOnFailure: The action VerifyBundle (ID:Adobe Reader X 10.0.0 for Windows (FullUpgrade) (E--797867525) failed due to the reason : Failed to launch C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks/zpm/Remediate.exe. Exit code: -1073741819, however the action is set to continue on failure.

Category: BundleManager
BUNDLE.ChildActionError: Action "9f29b1bb059fdf69a9d9fcaa1bb2f5a9" of the child bundle "Adobe Reader X 10.0.0 for Windows (FullUpgrade) (E--797867525" failed.

Any help appreciated.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clarja;

I too am just getting going with ZCM 11 patch management. To get patch
management working consistently in our environment required the ZCM 11.0 -
Cumulative Agent Patch 1 and updated Analyze.exe and Remediate.exe files I
received as a result of opening a service request.

Brad Johnson

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6098 (20110505) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

0 Likes
clarja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Brad,

So after the patch and exes all is working well?.....I have tried on some clients with the Cumulative Patch but still no real success.....might need the two exes listed, however i`m on an SLA so dont think I can raise a SR ????
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clarja;

The two new exes made a big difference. We are still working through a few
issues, but things are much better.

Brad Johnson

"clarja" <clarja@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:clarja.4tasg0@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> Hi Brad,
>
> So after the patch and exes all is working well?.....I have tried on
> some clients with the Cumulative Patch but still no real
> success.....might need the two exes listed, however i`m on an SLA so
> dont think I can raise a SR ????
>
>
> --
> clarja
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> clarja's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=45948
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=438310
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> signature database 6100 (20110506) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6101 (20110506) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clarja,

they were posted to http://download.novell.com/patch/finder on Monday -
don't forget you can subscribe to receive emails for patches

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
clarja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the link, I have imported the bundle and applied to one test machine - I tell you what the celebration of applying a simple flash player update successfully was long over due 😉 So far so good - Been a long time Novell person and Forum digger and I`m sure many would agree that I must thank you and quite a few other heavy posters for all your contributions, they certainly dont go un-appreciated.

Thanks mate.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clarja,

you're very welcome, I realised it's been more than 12 years since I
started in the forums... 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.