Highlighted
johnsnider Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2073 views

ZCM 11 SP1 Update Database not found on primary server

Current configuration,
Primary Server - Windows 2008 R2
Sybase Embedded Database
ZCM 11
Multi-homed Network Connection. One points to iscsi storage for ZCM images and content repo.
The other points to the local network.

3 Secondary Linux Servers
~250 client workstations.

When I try to do an upgrade on the primary server which contains the sybase I get the You must update the database on the primary server or with third party...etc. etc. If I do a dblocate on the server I get 2 databases on the 2 ip addresses assigned to the primary server. All I'm seeing in the system update log is that it can't see the database. Has anyone seen anything like this. I'm really scratching my head.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 SP1 Update Database not found on primary server

Johnsnider,

not seen this: I suggest you open a Service Requests so that Novell can
work with you on this

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
elmagra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 SP1 Update Database not found on primary server

Same Problem with oure Configuration

Current configuration:
Primary Server - Windows 2003 SP2
Sybase Embedded Database
ZCM 10.3.3

Upgrade to ZCM 11 SP1 mismatched. Hope the problem are not that i moved the first to the secundary Server. When i try to update to ZCM11 (i know, thats not allowed), then the setup has no problem with the Database, it's report only that some Client can't be updatet.

Thanks for helping.
0 Likes
elmagra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 SP1 Update Database not found on primary server

Got solve the problem 😄

The Problem was, that when i moved my first Primary Server to the secondary Primary Server, i have deleted the Database entry in ZenServerRoles (In accordance with the guidance of Novell).

When this entry is missing you will not able to update your Primary Server, because it not know which Server has the Database on it, or which is your Primary Server.

Workaround: Make a new Entry in the Table ZenServerRoles with your ServerID an the Role: Database

and voila your Update will work.

Regards el_Magra
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.