sflegnc Absent Member.
Absent Member.
3953 views

ZCM 11 sp1

I was wondering when sp1 is going to be released in a non beta format. I'm hoping that it address the slow login issues that have been out ever since ZCM came into being.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

Sflegnc,

"summer" is the expected time, I can't be any more specific than that
at the moment. Code freeze is in one week, and testing starts after
that

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

How about Fixes for zesm that are in the pipeline with an SR.
You say "Code freeze". I'm still busy with an SR to try fixing not working usb sticks with zesm. I've bought zesm last year, but can't use it. I don't want to again wait a year before i can use it.



spond;2112225 wrote:
Sflegnc,

"summer" is the expected time, I can't be any more specific than that
at the moment. Code freeze is in one week, and testing starts after
that

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

Floort,

I don't know what's in 11.1 at this point; if there's no code freeze
point, the product will never get out there...

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

Shaun,

I understand, and i know everyone is helping to get the best for sp1. But it's annoying how long things takes before we get a fix.
This are reasons for a lot of customers to get away from novell products and go to microsoft. It's hard to say, but novell has todo something to be a good competitor.
I mean not all products. but for new products from the last years.



spond;2112380 wrote:
Floort,

I don't know what's in 11.1 at this point; if there's no code freeze
point, the product will never get out there...

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

Tristan,

we all hope that with the new owners, we will get the resources
necessary to do the job to give you the products you deserve...

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

I hope so, i don't want to leave novell.

spond;2112575 wrote:
Tristan,

we all hope that with the new owners, we will get the resources
necessary to do the job to give you the products you deserve...

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

Tristan,

nor do I! 🙂

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
JoeH82 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

I have not yet had a chance to download and install SP1 beta yet. Do you know if there is a "working" fix for running a bundle as "secure system user" when the files are on a Windows File share? Currently the only fix I found for this is give the user Admin rights to the local machine, rights to the file share, and run as “logged in user” and it works. Not a deployable solution though. I really need to know if this is fixed with SP1. If not, I will have to dump ZCM and start testing another alternative. Would like to get our Windows 7 SP1 deploys out by early Fall. So far its not looking good.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

JoeH82,

the Credential Vault is now expanded to be available for dynamic admin
user to use when authenticating to a share for things like install
directory actions.

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
mkoeppl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 sp1

Hello,
just look at the zcm11sp1 RC1 documentation. In the changes for RC1 you see in bundle management the ability to configure a credential vault for network access.
So this gives the ability to share sw-repositories on MS Server and configure access not only from the logged in user but also from different credentials based on the application.
Seems to be good news for your problem if this makes it in the released SP1 :rolleyes:

Michael

JoeH82;2122895 wrote:
I have not yet had a chance to download and install SP1 beta yet. Do you know if there is a "working" fix for running a bundle as "secure system user" when the files are on a Windows File share? Currently the only fix I found for this is give the user Admin rights to the local machine, rights to the file share, and run as “logged in user” and it works. Not a deployable solution though. I really need to know if this is fixed with SP1. If not, I will have to dump ZCM and start testing another alternative. Would like to get our Windows 7 SP1 deploys out by early Fall. So far its not looking good.

Michael Koeppl Germany
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.