bbilut Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ZCM 2017 (no update) to update 4

I'm just looking for a sanity check before I do my upgrade. So I still shut down all my primary servers (besides) one and do the upgrade on that server from the ZCM console through the "system update" process rather than running and .exe on that server? Is that correct?

Then start up my other primary servers and repeat the same on them?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZCM 2017 (no update) to update 4

Correct...You will use the System Update Tab to update your 1st and then your other primaries.
The services on the other primaries need to be off to ensure they are not locking the database...preventing updates to tables, indexes, etc... during the SU process.
In theory, ZCM will now shutdown the services for you on your other primaries automatically but does not hurt to do it yourself.
0 Likes
bbilut Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: ZCM 2017 (no update) to update 4

Thanks Craig! Yes I have always done the manual shutdown of my other primaries just to be sure. I assume then when FTF1 is released again it's the same procedure (rinse and repeat). I might wait to do my upgrade to update 4 until they re-release FTF1 (which I assume will not be very far off).

Thanks!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.