Highlighted
bkelsen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM Agent Passive mode login not working on Citríx PS 4.5

Situation: Citrix PS 4.5 on Windows 2003 XX with ZCM Adaptive Agent version 10.2.1.34731

Early versions of the ZCM agent would not passivly login but was working in 10.3.1 and 10.2.0.

I have recently updated the existing agent (pushed from ZCC) on my citrix server and now passive mode login fails., Also the Zen login prompt does not pop-up either.

The Zen Agent does start and bundles related to the server are executed, but the user is not logged in.

Manually I can execute the login form the blue Z and this also works perfectly.

I checked my GINA settings and they look OK, so what is wrong here ?

KR /Bjørn
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM Agent Passive mode login not working on Citríx PS 4.5

What are your Gina Settings?

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"bkelsen" <bkelsen@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:bkelsen.40gi7b@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> Situation: Citrix PS 4.5 on Windows 2003 XX with ZCM Adaptive Agent
> version 10.2.1.34731
>
> Early versions of the ZCM agent would not passivly login but was
> working in 10.3.1 and 10.2.0.
>
> I have recently updated the existing agent (pushed from ZCC) on my
> citrix server and now passive mode login fails., Also the Zen login
> prompt does not pop-up either.
>
> The Zen Agent does start and bundles related to the server are
> executed, but the user is not logged in.
>
> Manually I can execute the login form the blue Z and this also works
> perfectly.
>
> I checked my GINA settings and they look OK, so what is wrong here ?
>
> KR /Bjørn
>
>
> --
> bkelsen
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> bkelsen's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=9416
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=390198
>

0 Likes
bkelsen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM Agent Passive mode login not working on Citríx PS 4.

in HKLM Software/Microsoft/Winnt/currentversion/winlogon
GinaDLL = nwgina.dll
CtxGinadll = msgina.dll

And testing today I noticed that passive mode login works OK when logging in directly on the Citrix server or via RDP, But the passive mode login does NOT work when logging in via the Citrix Webinterface.
I think that the login/gina process thru the Citrix webinterface "path" thru the different gina's is different than a direct or RDP login - and as such ZCM Agent misses the login, as stated before manual login to ZCM works fine.

Any ideas ?
0 Likes
toddk_cityofnor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Check my earlier post to see if this may be your issue.

Ken

http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-agent-deployment/390591-zenworks-login-auto-authentication.html

bkelsen;1876596 wrote:
Situation: Citrix PS 4.5 on Windows 2003 XX with ZCM Adaptive Agent version 10.2.1.34731

Early versions of the ZCM agent would not passivly login but was working in 10.3.1 and 10.2.0.

I have recently updated the existing agent (pushed from ZCC) on my citrix server and now passive mode login fails., Also the Zen login prompt does not pop-up either.

The Zen Agent does start and bundles related to the server are executed, but the user is not logged in.

Manually I can execute the login form the blue Z and this also works perfectly.

I checked my GINA settings and they look OK, so what is wrong here ?

KR /Bjørn
0 Likes
bkelsen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

unfortunately the version info was there, and I found out that direct login or via RDP was fine, ONLY login thru Citrix Web interface gives this problem....
0 Likes
bkelsen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update: Followed the TID to get logfiles populated with data at ZCM agent login.

I did 3 login "attempts":
0 Likes
bkelsen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

First was a Normal logon using RDP:

And the ZENLGN.LOG file reports:
It would appear that we have been called from the Winlogon process (NWGina.dll)

Second was a logout of the ZCM agent and a login using the icon:
It would appear that we have been called from the ZenNotifyIcon process (ZenNotifyIcon.exe)

Then I did a login from the Citrix webpage, that does passthru authentication to windows login and neither the ZENLGN or NWGINA logfiles detect ANY activity at all

a fourth attempt was made using our HQ cebtralized Citrix access that does NOT pass credentials on to the Windows logon, on this case I authenticate first to the HQ webpage and this switches me over (via ICA file info) to the normal Windows Logon Box - I enter credentials, and yet again NOTHING in either LOG file.

Subsequent attempts at Physical logon to the server, and another RDP logon both adds log entries and of course handle the passive mode login OK

I really need this issue resolved as we do use USER related bundles/policies on or Citrix box, so any help appreciated

KR / Bjørn
0 Likes
geissler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Bjorn,

Do you fix this problem?
We have the "same" issue. With same I mean that we like to use ZCM 10.3.1 in a poor ADS environment.
The ZCM should set one iPrint policy and one Bundle (booth linked to user groups or user). The iPrint Policy
runs if the CitrixServer has a NetWare client installed and the Policy is linked on eDIR user groups or users.
OK it needs over 15 minutes until the policy works but it works. In our poor ADS environment nothing work...
absolute nothing...

THX
Andre
0 Likes
geissler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Bjorn,

I fixed the problem. My problem was that I had to rename the nwgina.dll and enter the new one in the regkey HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogn\ctxginadll.
Also I had entered under the regkey HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM\ZenLgn the DWord DefalutRealm and EnableSeamlessLogin.
You can read this under Novell Doc: ZENworks 10 Configuration Management System Administration Reference - User Source Authentication .
After I make this changes all work fine.

THX
Andre
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.