Highlighted
BSajovic Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
1149 views

ZCM Agent and Secret Store access

We are trying to enable NetIQ IAC (Identity Assurance client) Smart Card login into Windows 7 workstation.
I can't mange ZENworks client to login after successful SmartCard authentication to eDirectory.
It seems that Zenworks client during login can not load library to access Secret store:

ZENLGN [35C-3E8] [15:00:02:473] About to call Read Secret Store
ZENLGN [35C-3E8] [15:00:02:473] NWSSLoadDLL called!
ZENLGN [35C-3E8] [15:00:02:473] LoadLibrary for NWSSO.DLL failed: 126
ZENLGN [35C-3E8] [15:00:02:473] Returned from Read Secret Store

ZCM is 10.3.3, Windows 7 32 bit

NDS (password) login works fine.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZCM Agent and Secret Store access

BSajovic;2303493 wrote:
We are trying to enable NetIQ IAC (Identity Assurance client) Smart Card login into Windows 7 workstation.
I can't mange ZENworks client to login after successful SmartCard authentication to eDirectory.
It seems that Zenworks client during login can not load library to access Secret store:

ZENLGN [35C-3E8] [15:00:02:473] About to call Read Secret Store
ZENLGN [35C-3E8] [15:00:02:473] NWSSLoadDLL called!
ZENLGN [35C-3E8] [15:00:02:473] LoadLibrary for NWSSO.DLL failed: 126
ZENLGN [35C-3E8] [15:00:02:473] Returned from Read Secret Store

ZCM is 10.3.3, Windows 7 32 bit

NDS (password) login works fine.
Any ideas would be appreciated.


From the documentation:
Authentication in to ZENworks by using Smart Card is currently supported only on Windows XP and terminal sessions of Windows Server 2003 device


https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_sys_user_sources/data/bkykfkq.html#bmh2xsk

Thomas
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZCM Agent and Secret Store access

thsundel;2303500 wrote:
From the documentation:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_sys_user_sources/data/bkykfkq.html#bmh2xsk

Thomas


Looking at the 11SP3 beta docs it seems that this is supported on newer Windows devices.

Thomas
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZCM Agent and Secret Store access

Yes, an upgrade to at least 11.2.x would be required for any hope of
this working.

However, I would recommend putting the beta 11.3 in a lab and going that
route. Then in a month or so, you could test shipping 11.3 code.

I am aware of folks doing some smartcard stuff now with 11.2.x

On 1/29/2014 4:16 AM, thsundel wrote:
>
> thsundel;2303500 Wrote:
>> From the documentation:
>>
>> https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_sys_user_sources/data/bkykfkq.html#bmh2xsk
>>
>> Thomas

>
> Looking at the 11SP3 beta docs it seems that this is supported on newer
> Windows devices.
>
> Thomas
>
>


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.