acshearer Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ZCM NIC driver for Dell 3630

Hello,

I am trying to PXE boot a new Dell Computer that we purchased.  The model is a Dell Precision 3630.  I am still using ZCM 11.4.3 as of right now and it is not picking up the NIC driver whether I PXE or CD boot.  I know how to add a newid for a driver and that is what I want to do.  When I got into the ZCM environment with the CD boot I did the hwinfo --netcard and I was able to see the Device and Vendor, however there is not a Driver entry listed in the information.  In the newid parameter I need the Device, Vendor, and driver value.   I am attaching the information that shows when I do the hwinfo --netcard command.  From this information does anyone know what I would put in the newid statement for driver?

Thanks,

Andrew Shearer

Network Administrator

West York Area School District, York PA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZCM NIC driver for Dell 3630

See - https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=3421576

The Easiest way may be....

How to add the newid string for PXE:
From the ZCC, Select "Configuration->Device Management->Preboot Services"
Add the "newid" parameter to the "PXE Kernel Boot Parameters" box.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Craig,

Yeah I did see that TID, my issue is when I do hwinfo --netcard I can get the vendor and device info for the newid parameter but it does not show a driver in the hwinfo output for some reason.  So I don't know what driver to put in the newid.  The output is in the pic I attached.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The driver would be "e1000e", if that does not work you could try the "e1000" which is a little older.

If you still have issues, if you have not applied the August 2018 Imaging Driver updates, that may help as well.

(Aug 2018 was the last driver update for 11.4.x)

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Sounds great, thanks for the information.

Andrew

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.