cafetom1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM agent prevents access to network through applications

Hello all

I just installed 17.3.0 ZCM. (3a)

I pushed out a generic ZCM agent with nothing configured in ZCM. No policies or anything.

I have a few applications that are installed on the workstation. When they start up, they allow me to transfer files to any network drive. These applications suddenly lost the ability to even see the network drives. They only see C:

I have added the registry setting:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"EnableLinkedConnections"=dword:00000001

I do not have the OES Client installed.

When I uninstall ZCM agent, everything works as it did prior to installing the agent.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Tom
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZCM agent prevents access to network through application

See - https://serverfault.com/questions/780639/enablelinkedconnections-isnt-working-on-some-windows-10-machines

Also Double check that NO GPOs are applied....If GPOs are applied, things could get a little confused.
They could easily be inherited.

I can't see ZCM playing any role in this....but even if a simple GPO is configured that does not contain the above setting...it could impact that setting....

If the above does not help...
I would recommend opening an SR.
I've not heard of this issue reported prior.

When the SR is created, please post the SR# here or send me a Private Message here on the forums.
0 Likes
cafetom1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM agent prevents access to network through application

Hello Craig,

Your Service Request has been submitted. Your Service Request number is #101199320901

I have two issues in that service request, both pertaining to the 17.3 agent. Concerning this issue in this thread. We have duplicated this several times and the "fix" for it was to uninstall both the Zcm agent and casa.

Tom
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.