wyld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM change IP

Hi all
My customer ask me that Whether the ZCM could change IP or not? I check system admin guide and get 11.3.2 "changing the IP Address of the Primary Server after Installing ZENworks 10 Configuration Management", the ZCM could start fine..but Software Deliver function fail (All workstation could not be delivered).
Who had tested the scenario (ZCM Change IP), and Software deliver function work fine ?

wyldkao
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZCM change IP

One a device, run "zac zc -l" to see and make sure the server is listed
by DNS as well as IP address.

After changing the IP address, the DNS name needs to be updated.

After updating DNS, Managed Devices will likely need to FlushDNS or
restart so they start using they contact the server on the new and not
old IP address.

On 4/12/2011 1:06 AM, wyld wrote:
>
> Hi all
> My customer ask me that Whether the ZCM could change IP or not? I
> check system admin guide and get 11.3.2 "changing the IP Address of the
> Primary Server after Installing ZENworks 10 Configuration Management",
> the ZCM could start fine..but Software Deliver function fail (All
> workstation could not be delivered).
> Who had tested the scenario (ZCM Change IP), and Software deliver
> function work fine ?
>
>
> wyldkao
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
theflyingcorpse Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also verify that the certificate in the zone is not signed with IP! Make sure its signed with the same DNS name. If you change DNS name too, you have to push the new certificate prior to changing.
0 Likes
wyld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All
I had check my setting, I use FQDN as subject of certificate. And I also run zac cc and manual delete all files in the cache...but I always get the same result (Bwsides Software distributation, all functions work fine)....

wyld
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.