NovAlf
Visitor.

ZCM remote control on Windows 7 slow

Hi!
Well, ZCM 11.2.1, Windows 7. Noticed that Remote Control via ZCC is ... strangely slow when user is logged in. On CAD screen it's ok. Well, this is first W7 device in zone, haven't noticed such a thing on WXP.
Btw. Using Intel KVM (also VNC) ... it is much more quicker, well, sure, hardware based etc., but anyway.
Also, I use on my WXP device remote control soft from ZCM 10.x, maybe this the cause, not sure ZCM 11.x remote control soft does work with ZCM 10, I need them both running on my desktop as most of computers in ZCM 10 zone.
Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZCM remote control on Windows 7 slow

NovAlf;2229476 wrote:
Hi!
Well, ZCM 11.2.1, Windows 7. Noticed that Remote Control via ZCC is ... strangely slow when user is logged in. On CAD screen it's ok. Well, this is first W7 device in zone, haven't noticed such a thing on WXP.
Btw. Using Intel KVM (also VNC) ... it is much more quicker, well, sure, hardware based etc., but anyway.
Also, I use on my WXP device remote control soft from ZCM 10.x, maybe this the cause, not sure ZCM 11.x remote control soft does work with ZCM 10, I need them both running on my desktop as most of computers in ZCM 10 zone.
Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.

I'm not aware that you can use both versions of the Remote Management Plugin against two diff. Zones.
Perhaps that's the issue?

Do you have a pc that you can install JUST the ZCM 11.x remote management viewer and then try to remote control a ZCM 11.x agent?
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Re: ZCM remote control on Windows 7 slow

Hi and thanks!
Well, now I have another W7 device and ... there remote control seems to be just fine! Mh. This device does not have Novell Client installed, maybe this interfere here.
Anyway, so far I'll use old 10.3 remote control soft on my device, it does work and I need to manage both zones for a while.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.