Highlighted
obscurityPrivacy Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

ZCM2017SP4: FTF1 - to be or not to be?

Jump to solution

After I have found these part of the forum I want to ask if FTF1 for ZCM2017SP4 is recommend to install.

I go to the NCC and seach for updates for ZCM2017SP3. There I see 17.4.0 as the last mandatory update (separate from some PRU) and a hint to TID7023612. I seach for this TID in the Knowledgebase and found TID7018169 (ZENworks 2017 Upgrade Cookbook), too. In the Upgrade Cookbook is a link to ZENworks 2017 Update 4 FRU1a - TID 7023841

It is recommand to use these FTF? It is not visible in NCC. It is an official update? Why this is not in the NCC?

PS: Before I can send this post the forum-sw asks for a title but there is no matching tag and i can not add a new ... OMG ...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZCM2017SP4: FTF1 - to be or not to be?

Jump to solution

This is simply an optional update that contains a set of patches for 17.4.0.

The most commonly reported issues it fixes relates to running Quick Tasks from the ZCC.  17.4.1 contains a server side fix for this.

If you are experiencing one of the symptoms listed among the fixes, then you may want to apply it.  However, in many cases the issues reported only happened under certain conditions so its quite likely you may not be impacted by many of the listed issues that are listed as fixed.

The reason it is not presented in the ZCC is because it is optional and only needed if you are experiencing a specific set of issues versus full Service Pack updates that are considered something everyone should apply.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZCM2017SP4: FTF1 - to be or not to be?

Jump to solution

This is simply an optional update that contains a set of patches for 17.4.0.

The most commonly reported issues it fixes relates to running Quick Tasks from the ZCC.  17.4.1 contains a server side fix for this.

If you are experiencing one of the symptoms listed among the fixes, then you may want to apply it.  However, in many cases the issues reported only happened under certain conditions so its quite likely you may not be impacted by many of the listed issues that are listed as fixed.

The reason it is not presented in the ZCC is because it is optional and only needed if you are experiencing a specific set of issues versus full Service Pack updates that are considered something everyone should apply.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.