Highlighted
dmantz
New Member.

ZENworks 2017 Update 3 appliance install issue

First of all, I am hoping that this post is not a duplicate of another one, I looked through several but did not see one addressing my issue.

I am attempting to install ZENworks 2017 Update 3 on my 17.3.0.0 server. I first attempted to install the update via the "System Updates" page in Configuration. Unfortunately, after downloading, authorizing, and deploying it to my only primary server, it would never go past the "Pending" stage shown (Deploying System Udpates section) and "Deploying" green dot stage (Available Systems Udpates section). I left this running for 48 hours with no success. I then followed the steps provided by this TID http://cdn.novell.com/rest/yD_WvZlJah8~/readme_5393690.html?MAK4x5PQSlTdt6iMXNHOy5fRzIQObI1wft0lnIQC-mstS2T1-5fy68MujwOMYBAS1MFPKPFPjLPTU_diAVlNKhvVO2ZDo7UdyMvLX-BBO9z91_50zXpfhmDftBO2S_tfwC3bKA

Some of the other steps I had attempted included reboot of the server, using df to determine HD space (20%) still free on the main partion as well as issue zac cc, zac zeus-ref and zac ref general bypasscache. None of the commands and reboots made any difference.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZENworks 2017 Update 3 appliance install issue

Not sure if this update is scheduled for a later date or past date.

Anyways, I would first check if the status of the update using "https://<host_name>:7444/systemupdate/sustatus". If this doesn't show any active updates, then you can try to redeploy the update with "Now" schedule if possible & see if that helps.
0 Likes
dmantz
New Member.

@asudheer,

Thank you for responding. I should have included in my original statement that the System Update Status shows a 1 in the Total and Not Started boxes. As for the schedule, I did select Now. Unfortunately, after 3 days nothing has changed.
0 Likes
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Okay. You can always run the deployment wizard again to override the previous schedule.
0 Likes
dmantz
New Member.

Sadly, I have done that this morning and there has been no success. The upgrade reaches the same stage and sits there. Status page shows the same as I previously mentioned.
0 Likes
asudheer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well in that case, I recommend a Service Request to troubleshoot this further.
0 Likes
dmantz
New Member.

asudheer,

I figured this was headed that route. Thank you again for assisting.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.