Keng Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

ZENworks Agent Does Not Preserve Previous Configuration After System Update ?

Hi All,

I am having this odd behavior ever since Update 2 till Update 4.1a.

I am having the following global setting

- User Management = Installed, Disabled

- User Source Configured = Active Directory (for Administration purposes)

So when Windows bootup, the ZENworks Login does not appear.

However during System Update, after reboot user will be prompted for ZENworks Login. Click cancel will take user back to normal Windows session. Look at ZENworks Agent Properties, it was seen that User Management is Enabled. Only on Refresh cycle a few minutes later then User Management is Disabled, but damage had already done as the ZENworks Login confused them. Subsequent reboot had no issues.

My question is why for every System Update reboot, it doesn't preserve previous or last configuration till its next Refresh cycle for any new changes.

Is this considered a bug ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZENworks Agent Does Not Preserve Previous Configuration After System Update ?

I've never heard this reported, before but I would think it would at least be worth raising an SR to have that officially determined.

Is there a reason you simply do not set the "User Spoke" to "Uninstalled" instead of "Installed and Disabled"?

Installed Spokes, even if disabled, still result in some overhead on the agent.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.