overdorf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZENworks Explorer Config Policy Issue

I am getting this Full message error, "Explorer property "launcherConfigAllowEndUserPin" is unknown" and message ID is "POLICYHANDLERS.LauncherConfigPolicy.UnknownProperty" on a significant number of systems in my ZENworks environment. I have noticed that most if not all systems are at ZENworks agent version 17.0.0.1252. My ZENworks servers have been updated to ZENworks Configuration Management version 17.1.0.0.

The error leads me to look at my Explorer policy and the first setting "Allow the end user to pin bundles" is unconfigured for the policy. The documentation indicates that this means no, not allowed to pin. When I change the setting to no in the policy, the policy failed to apply. I had to revert back to the previous policy that has the setting unconfigured.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Have you been about to fix it? What did you do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim Overdorf
Cedarville University
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZENworks Explorer Config Policy Issue

I suspect the only fix would be to upgrade your Agents or unassign the policy.
The 17.0 Agents don't understand that setting at all and it is confusing them.
The fact they don't ignore what they don't grasp is likely a bug, but I don't have any old 17.0 agents handy to dupe and report the issue properly

Personally, I doubt it is worth the effort.....
A Patch for 17.0 for this particular error would be unlikely, since one of the key features of ZCM 17.1 is ZAPP work.
The odds of them trying to update the 17.0 version is less likely due to the significant changes in 17.1 and the fact 17.2 will likely be out the door this week.
0 Likes
overdorf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That makes sense. Thanks Craig for your help. I was concerning because of the number of systems it was effecting, but did not seem to cause functional problems. I should have thought to update the agent but I missed that step in my thought process.

Since you mention 17.2, will the standalone updater have the same windows explorer issue that the standalone update for 17.1 did? What I mean is will there still have to be user intervention for popup boxes, or has that been remedied? If you can not say anything, I understand, but I thought I would ask in anticipation of the next release.

Again thanks for your help. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

Tim Overdorf
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Once you upgrade to ZCM 17.2, the System Update Page will have some new options regarding SU behavior and reboot prompts.

Currently, The option asks if you want to prompt a user....which an overly exacting dev took to mean that it should not run until a user logs on and answers the prompt 🙂

There will now be an option in 17.2 to say...prompt a user if a user is logged on.....otherwise run.
Not exact wording in either case mind you....but you get the point.

I'm not sure if the older agents will fully honor the new setting....It may take new agent code to do so...I have not tested.
But there should be light at the tunnel for future upgrades after the agents get to 17.2 and then need to go forward.

As a note: 17.2 will likely ship next week. It was expected this week, but was delayed to include Java fixes from Oracle that were just released.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Antw: Re: ZENworks Explorer Config Policy Issue

Craig,

do You mean the "Configuration > System Update Agent" page with that?

I can't find any difference between 2017.1 and 2017.2 on that page (?)

Regards - Frank

>>> CRAIGDWILSON<CRAIGDWILSON@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 18.01.2018 18:14 >>>

Once you upgrade to ZCM 17.2, the System Update Page will have some new

options regarding SU behavior and reboot prompts.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.