FLOYDLOL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZENworks PreAgent

Hello everybody,

At our company we recently tried to deploy ZCM 10.3 Adaptive Agent on a windows xp x32 machine, but unfortunately without succes....

We are getting the following error problem.

The installation completed for only 26%.

Thank you all in advanced. And sorry for my bad language.

Floyd,
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
FLOYDLOL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZENworks PreAgent

0 Likes
nathan_cook Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've seen this happen with a network install when DNS was not setup correctly.

Anything in the event viewer on the workstation?

Have you verified that the preagent package is complete and not corrupted, perhaps create a new preagent package.
0 Likes
FLOYDLOL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nathan_cook;1981311 wrote:
I've seen this happen with a network install when DNS was not setup correctly.

Anything in the event viewer on the workstation?

Have you verified that the preagent package is complete and not corrupted, perhaps create a new preagent package.

Thank you for the fast reply!

It aint a network install, and the DNS is correct.
As far as i can see, there is nothing in the event viewer what could of explained it.

How can i verify if the preagent package is complete, and if needed, create a new package?

Thanks,
0 Likes
Absent Member.

In the documentation there is plenty of info on how to repackage the deployment packages.

This here will get you started.

You can also extract the exe and see what happens when you install the msi that fails.

preagent.exe /? will give you a few commands to go by as well, verbose may reveal something. Generally speaking an msi that fails will always log a fault in the event viewer under applications, or in the %temp% directory of the user that is installing the application. I think the preagent creates a log in c:\windows\temp though. I could be wrong but I just have no way of testing at the moment...

Check the following, the user that is installing the agent is a local admin, firewall is turned off, simple file sharing is disabled, you can access the admin share from another computer with the account your installing the agent with.
0 Likes
FLOYDLOL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The deployment packages were corrupt. I repacked them and now it works!

Thank you for all the information, it really helped me!
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Pleased I could help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.