Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
elphantasmo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zenworks 10.3.X Agent Local Uninstall Precautions

Just a cautionary post. I didn't see any forum posts or TIDs about this, so here's what happened to me and how I fixed it.

We're having an issue where deploying the 10.3.3 agent is taking a long time to update, only a few dozen a day and only about 900 workstations. We have a gigabit fiber WAN so that's not an issue.

So when we have to fix machines for one thing or another we manually update the agent to 10.3.3. We only do the local uninstall of the agent. I decided to leave CASA behind; consequently, after installing the new agent, users could no longer log into the agent. A Windows error message said something like, "Unable to log in to network, login credentials are incorrect."

Locally uninstalling the agent AND CASA, then reinstalling the new agent worked just fine.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenworks 10.3.X Agent Local Uninstall Precautions

I guess with the reinstall, you would end up with a mixed set of components, which is why it makes sense to uninstall it all. Better still, work out why your agent isn't updating, and fix that 😉
0 Likes
jcsmith1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2103856 wrote:
I guess with the reinstall, you would end up with a mixed set of components, which is why it makes sense to uninstall it all. Better still, work out why your agent isn't updating, and fix that 😉

spond, can't Novell make a part of the agent that systematically searches all the out of date components and fixes them? Something like "ZenFixClientVersions.exe" would be great.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jcsmith1,

it's something that's on the list to do, but there's a lot of more
urgent work, and the agent cleanup util /does/ reduce the urgency

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
jcsmith1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

elphantasmo;2103570 wrote:
Just a cautionary post. I didn't see any forum posts or TIDs about this, so here's what happened to me and how I fixed it.

We're having an issue where deploying the 10.3.3 agent is taking a long time to update, only a few dozen a day and only about 900 workstations. We have a gigabit fiber WAN so that's not an issue.

So when we have to fix machines for one thing or another we manually update the agent to 10.3.3. We only do the local uninstall of the agent. I decided to leave CASA behind; consequently, after installing the new agent, users could no longer log into the agent. A Windows error message said something like, "Unable to log in to network, login credentials are incorrect."

Locally uninstalling the agent AND CASA, then reinstalling the new agent worked just fine.

I've learned this the hard way as well.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.