luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zenworks Adaptive Agent Desktop Icon (ZCM11.1)

After installing the latest ZCM agent, there appears not to be an option to remove the Desktop Icon. Even removing the Desktop\Namespace registry key does not permanently remove it.
Is that by design or are we missing a policy? We prefer users used the Start Menu only when running ZCM11.0, we preferred not having the Desktop Icon.
Thanks,
Luke
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenworks Adaptive Agent Desktop Icon (ZCM11.1)

luke,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
Popopinsel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Same here, I'm searching for a way to remove that annoying desktop icon. Help appreciated.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Luke,

try TID 7007656 Icon for "ZENworks Adaptive Agent" is displayed on Windows 7/W2K8R2 desktop

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
mbrady Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This fix doesn't seem to be working. I have created the bundle, tried both Install and Launch as the location for deleting the registry key. Doesn't delete on boot, and I still have the icon.
0 Likes
luke_ross Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mbrady;2143533 wrote:
This fix doesn't seem to be working. I have created the bundle, tried both Install and Launch as the location for deleting the registry key. Doesn't delete on boot, and I still have the icon.

It is possible that if you have it run at device boot, The desktop icon will not exist yet so it will not be removed properly. I have noticed in our configuration that the desktop icon does not show up for a few seconds after login so you may want to try to distribute at user login or zenworks login.

Also, you could also try and set the bundle's requirement for the desktop Icon reg key to exist in order to run.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{763370C4-268E-4308-A60C-D8DA0342BE32}

Personally, we just gave up on trying to remove the icon because it is too much of a pain to manage an object and users will see the process of removal on login. Hoping Novell will put in an option in ZCM in the near future. We just put in an enhancement request for this, i would suggest you do the same if you haven't already. 🙂
0 Likes
mbrady Absent Member.
Absent Member.

EDIT: Now it seems to be working. Not sure why it didn't work the first few reboots.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mbrady,

🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.