jcnash Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zenworks Bundle Uninstall Schedule

I am aware that you can set a time and date ( called "Lights out" ) to install applications but I want to uninstall a bundle before installing a new one. I can not seem to find out how to do it other than then changing the setting of the MSI so that installed of installing it is "fooled" into uninstalling as the install? As anyone one else uninstalled an application by setting a date and time.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenworks Bundle Uninstall Schedule

Well, the msi bundle just defaults to install.. No reason to not use it to
uninstall.. works just as well.

As for setting a date..You can do it that way, or make your un-install app
simply be a requirement of your scheduled lights-out installed app.

>>> jcnash<jcnash@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 10/19/2010 1:36 PM >>>

I am aware that you can set a time and date ( called "Lights out" ) to
install applications but I want to uninstall a bundle before installing
a new one. I can not seem to find out how to do it other than then
changing the setting of the MSI so that installed of installing it is
"fooled" into uninstalling as the install? As anyone one else
uninstalled an application by setting a date and time.

‑‑
jcnash
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑â
€‘‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑â€
‘‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
jcnash's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=21943
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=423900

0 Likes
stalashikar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How about using action "Uninstall bundle" and "Install Bundle" in sequence? I would create a new bundle configured with action to uninstall this bundle first then install the same after that.
0 Likes
jcnash Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I will try out both items and update here with my findings..We use the older Zenworks at present and can do uninstalls and installs at schedules with no issues hitting 400 machines with 5 items over night in one hit...So will try out and report back on my findings..FYI We have converted all our packages to Zenworks for Windows (70 of them) and the only issues we have are making sure that any rights we need for the users are raised at the time of the install to create the folder rights as all our users are NON Administrator rules
0 Likes
jcnash Absent Member.
Absent Member.

this one is now sorted ...just an update we brought a workstaion up xp change d the setting on thios one pc to all guest user access to one folder and it now works for all users who are logged out..We put the bundle on this folder and zenworks uses this foolder to push out and install items. guest accounts can get to it with no password and no request for a password and is no security issue as it is only this folder...Active directory 2003
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.