ktm_2000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zenworks Cleanup Utility replacement? or alternative method?

Hi All,

Under Zen7 we had the zenworks cleanup utility and that worked great for having a force run, run once app re-apply if the install didn't go well.

Under ZCM11 I've tried the lookup the app GUID and then find the corresponding files under C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache\zmd and deleting the files then refreshing zen, it works some of the time but not all of the time. The desktop guys are not getting alot of success with this method and are getting a bit upset. I can understand if there isn't a tool to do this but I need a reliable method to consistently have the team be able to re-deploy an app.

Are there other steps that we need to do?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
gleach1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenworks Cleanup Utility replacement? or alternative met

if you mean just repairing or updating an app on a device it's pretty easy to get a repeatable solution

1. update your app on the servers and wait for it to replicate
2. run ac ref bypasscache on the device to update the app on, then run zac bl on the device to check the correct version is there
3. install / verify the app

works all the time for me when i'm testing apps on new rollouts

0 Likes
ktm_2000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

gleach1;2157707 wrote:
if you mean just repairing or updating an app on a device it's pretty easy to get a repeatable solution

1. update your app on the servers and wait for it to replicate
2. run ac ref bypasscache on the device to update the app on, then run zac bl on the device to check the correct version is there
3. install / verify the app

works all the time for me when i'm testing apps on new rollouts

Actually what I am after is.

1. PC is built and all force run apps come down (apps set as run once)
2. a problem occurs with one of the run once apps.
3. To resolve the provlem the desktop tech uninstalls the app and would like to use ZCM to reinstall the app.
4. The tech follows the proceedure to clear the cache as I described in the initial post
5. Zenworks WILL NOT reinstall the app as you look in the Zenworks Adaptive Agent and check out the bundle and it states that it is available (aka ZCM knows that it has already processed this action once)

How do you clear out the ZCM11 client's history so It does not think that it has already processed the action?
0 Likes
donasutton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ktm_2000;2158955 wrote:
Actually what I am after is.

How do you clear out the ZCM11 client's history so It does not think that it has already processed the action?

In my opinion. ZCM has to be the one who installs it AND uninstalls it. You should configure an UNinstall action on this bundle. ZAC REF BYPASSCACHE on the client to pull the new settings. Then, since the app has been installed already right click and run the UN install action.

Hope this helps.
Don

Don
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.