jrhodes1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Zenworks Server upgrade to Windows Server 2019

Hi All

I am just about to move our Zenworks server from Windows Server 2012 to Server 2019 we are currently on 2017 update 3 will I have to upgrade to 2017 update 4 before I move the servers? Or will update 3 work on Server 2019.

I was going to do update 4 once I had moved the server to Server 2019 but I could only find information stating that 2017 Update 4 supports Server 2019, so I thought I better check before I try it.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me,

John
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Zenworks Server upgrade to Windows Server 2019

Windows Server 2019 is NOT supported even on ZCM 2017 Update 4!!!

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2017-update-4/zen_system_requirements/data/zen_system_requirements.html#primary_server_requirements
Windows Server 2016 is the Latest for a PRIMARY.

Managed Devices are fine for 2019, but not Primary Servers.

If I had to guess that will be added in ZCM 2020, which should ship Q3 of this year.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

Thanks for the clarification I looked at the Update 4 information again and it does specifically say secondary servers not primary must have overlooked that somehow.

Thanks,

John
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

When installing the new replacement server is there an iso file that takes zenworks straight to update 3? All I can seem to find is the ZENworks2017a.iso that is in my software downloads list which I think it 2017 without any updates, and all I can find for update 3 is the ZENworks_17.3.0a_Update.zip is this correct or am I missing something here?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That is correct. The Current ISO will install at 17.0 and you will need to upgrade to 17.3 (or 17.4 which is the most current patch level.)

ZCM 17.5 (Will be Called ZCM 2020) which should ship this Fall, will again update the ISO so that any servers will be able to come in directly at that level.
The appliances will also be updated so they come in directly at ZCM 17.5 aka ZCM 2020.

jrhodes;2498296 wrote:
When installing the new replacement server is there an iso file that takes zenworks straight to update 3? All I can seem to find is the ZENworks2017a.iso that is in my software downloads list which I think it 2017 without any updates, and all I can find for update 3 is the ZENworks_17.3.0a_Update.zip is this correct or am I missing something here?
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the information and help.

John
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.