Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
hilconafranco Absent Member.
Absent Member.

after update 10.1.3 no login

hi all!

i have update my zenworks configuration management. now i have the problem that i can´t login on the website, i see only "finished" but no login screen. what happens? the link for login "...zenworks/jsp/fw/internal/Login.jsp". i have zcm on windows server 2003. in the event viewer i have this failure:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Novell.Zenworks.Logger
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 04.03.2009
Time: 16:48:22
User: N/A
Computer: xxxZEN01
Description:
Category: Settings Module
SettingsModule.SettingsRefreshError: Unable to refresh the system settings from https://xxxxxxx/zenworks-setting-lookup/ service.

Who can help me, or how can i get back to the old version before update?

greetz

franco
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Murzda Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: after update 10.1.3 no login

Are you using IE7? IE6 is not supported. Have you checked the zenworks services on the server to verify if they are all running?

0 Likes
Absent Member.

i have test it with IE7 with IE6 with Firefox. It´s always the same clean screen i see, only a white screen with no loginfield. i have looked in the services, every novell service is running. i reboot the server, but nothing is changing. what makes this update on the webserver for new settings?

greetz

franco

PS: Java is installed on testmachine on normal machine. jsp is java server pages, but why doesn´t work my zenworks login. i need it 😞
0 Likes
Absent Member.

here the log file:
04 Mrz 2009 23:32:55

Exception Info:
04 Mrz 2009 23:32:55 Class....... com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.DataModelConfigurationException
04 Mrz 2009 23:32:55 Message..... The dependencies for the component are invalid: policies
04 Mrz 2009 23:32:55 Logged at... PageUtil............417
04 Mrz 2009 23:32:55 ============== Exception (end) =============================
04 Mrz 2009 23:32:55 MessageUtil..........99 :Note: Ihr Internetbrowser wird von dieser Version des ZENworks-Kontrollzentrums nicht unterstützt. Die meisten Funktionen lassen sich problemlos nutzen; diese Browserversion wurde allerdings nicht umfassend getestet. Diese Version des ZENworks-Kontrollzentrums unterstützt die Browser FireFox 2.0+ und Internet Explorer 7.0+.
04 Mrz 2009 23:32:55 MessageUtil..........85 :Error: Error initializing session
04 Mrz 2009 23:32:55 ============== Exception (begin) ===========================
04 Mrz 2009 23:32:55 Exception occured
com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.DataModelConfigurationException: The dependencies for the component are invalid: policies
at

I have installed Firefox 3 and IE7, but no loginscreen!

greetz

franco
0 Likes
Absent Member.

hi all!

can nowbody help me? i can´t login on my zenworks web administration site. how can i run my zenworks like befor updating. can i reinstall zcm or what must i make? plz help me, i need my zenworks, i can´t also boot from pxe, nothing works correctly.

greetz

franco
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would recommend opening an Service Request with Novell if you have a
support contract.

If you don't have a support contract and cannot open an SR directly, you can
work through an Novell Partner with Expertise in this matter who can work
with you and Novell to resolve the problem.

While we can try our best to help in the forums, our ability is often
limited, and when "systems are down", we have a hard time providing speedy
resolutions.
Another hard part, is the fix may be involved and tricky and if we tell you
to do something w/o knowing the exact state of your system, we may make it
worse.

One Partner that offers "Service Requests" on a national basis for customers
w/o a support agreement with Novell is "NovaCoast" and you can contact
dsanders@novacoast.com
(I don't have any type of relationship with NovaCoast. If another Partner
offers a similar service, they are free to let me know.)

"hilconafranco" <hilconafranco@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:hilconafranco.3okzgo@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> hi all!
>
> can nowbody help me? i can´t login on my zenworks web administration
> site. how can i run my zenworks like befor updating. can i reinstall zcm
> or what must i make? plz help me, i need my zenworks, i can´t also boot
> from pxe, nothing works correctly.
>
> greetz
>
> franco
>
>
> --
> hilconafranco
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> hilconafranco's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19197
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=362697
>

0 Likes
josepromosoft Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've got the same problem also on a W2003 environment; just opened a service request with Novell; now they're looking ar some logs I've sent them, as soon as I know how to fix it, I'm going to post it here.
Regards
0 Likes
Absent Member.

that will be great, hope fast 🙂 thx for answering!
0 Likes
josepromosoft Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No way, finally I should throw away the old server and have to reinstall from the real beginning .... 😞
Hope you've got more luck
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.