atobias
New Member.

agent 11.4.3 stuck at 79%

I'm trying to update zenagent on some windows server 2008 R2 machines. The process gets to 79% and then never completes. It doesn't error or fail, just sits at 79% forever. I looked at the system_update.log file but don't know what to look for. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? I have attached the system update log file from one of these attempts.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: agent 11.4.3 stuck at 79%

Can you provide your zeus-messages.log and zeus.out files? C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\ZeUS\logs

Also Can you provide msi logs from the system update folder?
0 Likes
atobias
New Member.

the logs.zip file contains message log and zeus-out file. The remaining attachments are the various msi log files
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The System-Update.log shows the issue fairly clearly......

Just look at the end of the log to find what is failing....

[DEBUG] [06/27/2017 08:50:47.319] [6948] [ZENUpdater] [] [SYSTEM] [SystemUpdate] [] [DEBUG] [Starting process: sc.exe Option : failure "ZENworksUpdaterService" reset= 86400 actions= restart/30000/restart/60000//] [] [] [ZENworks]
[INFO] [06/27/2017 08:50:47.336] [6948] [ZENUpdater] [] [SYSTEM] [SystemUpdate] [INSTALLING_PERCENTAGE] [INSTALLING] [79] [] [] [ZENworks]
[DEBUG] [06/27/2017 08:50:47.344] [6948] [ZENUpdater] [] [SYSTEM] [SystemUpdate] [] [DEBUG] [Attempting to start service: ZENworksUpdaterService] [] [] [ZENworks]

In short, it is having an issue restarting the ZENworksUpdaterService after updating it.

The most common cause of this is corruption in the following folder: %zenworks_home%\share\java

From a device already updated to the corresponding version of ZCM agent, grab a copy of the java folder and replace it on the target device.
Then test to see if the ZENworksUpdaterService can start....wager it can.
Then try to re-apply the System Update.
0 Likes
atobias
New Member.

Copying the java folder from an already updated device solved the problem.
Thanks so much for offering that suggestion, I would never have come up with that by reading the log files.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.