Highlighted
Much Absent Member.
Absent Member.

automatically refresh Dynamic Workstation Group

Hello,

i hope that is the correct forum for my question.

We are imaging our devices and for software deployment i need some dynamic workstation groups. After the registration of the zcm agent, a dynamic workstation group should be refreshed automatically.
At the moment the Dynamic Workstation Group will be refreshed once in the night. I found no setting to change this behavior.

Is there any setting to refresh the dynamic workstation group if a new device matches the criteria? If i do a manually refresh of the dynamic group the device is shown or if wait one day. But that is not a good workaround.

We are using zcm 11.4.1

Thanks and Greeting
Steffen
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: automatically refresh Dynamic Workstation Group

Much,

it doesn't happen automatically because it can be a big use of the
server's processes - there is a zman command that you can use, but it
won't be triggered by the workstation registering

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
Much Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks shaun.
Ok, then i will work with the standard workstation groups.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Much;2418760 wrote:
Thanks shaun.
Ok, then i will work with the standard workstation groups.

Registration Keys can also be used during registration to ensure devices get into specific groups.
These keys can be built into specific agent packages.

I know customers do schedule dynamic group updates through the day, but they do check to make sure there is not a heavy hit and do not do it during peak logon hours.
However, this would still not work for immediate use after device registration.
0 Likes
phasenjager Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have one dedicated "administration" server that is not included in the Locations/Network Environments for any workstations. I run an hourly script on that server to refresh the dynamic groups we use for various assignments. We are in the process of moving all workstations to that zone (it is a complete rebuild of our environment), so I have not noticed any heavy load. I will be monitoring it as we add more workstations, but as it is not hit by workstations, it shouldn't cause too many issues.
0 Likes
Much Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks for your reply.

i need the dynamic groups for our imaging process. I needed a dynamic group refresh after the device is registred.
I use now a "normal" workgroup and remove the device after the imaging from the group.

Greeting
Steffen
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Glad it is working for you..........
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.