SteffenMuch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

change remote management policy

Hi,

we use the new ZCM 11 SP1 since a few days and i have some questions.

In the past we used the zenworks 6.5 with console one and if we use the remote management we had the chance to change the "request" for the auto accept connection. Sometimes we need to connect to a pc and no user is there, so there should be the auto accept connection.

Now in the ZCM 11 i dont find any solution for this. I can only connect to a pc if no user is logged in. Can i change this, that i can easily switch between "the user need to accept the connection" and "the user dont need to accept the connection"?

The other question is, the connection to the remote pc is closed after 10 minutes, can i disable this?

It would be nice if someone can help me.

Greetings,
Steffen
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: change remote management policy

SteffenMuch,

do you mean: http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_cm_remote/data/brx0fpx.html#bau5mpr
"Ask Permission from User on Managed Device Before Starting Remote Control"?
And I am not aware of a 10 minute timeout...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
SteffenMuch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun,

yes thats what i mean. i configured a new policy and set the "Ask Permission from User on Managed Device Before Starting Remote Control" to no and the timeout to 60 minutes.
Now i have to set this policy to a user or a device. If i set it to my user i can access all pcs without permission of the user. There is on problem, if i connect to a pc to help a user i need the option "Ask Permission from User on Managed Device Before Starting Remote Control" - so is there a chance to quickly change the policies?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SteffenMuch,

you can have 2 policies... one for the device, and one for the user...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
sharshad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Steffen,

Regarding your query on disabling the automatic closure of connection after 10 mins, this is governed by the property mentioned below in the Remote Management policy. You can uncheck the property to prevent auto-termination.

'Automatically terminate Remote Control session after inactivity of [ ] minutes'

Regards,
~ harshad
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.