Verwaiser Contributor.
Contributor.

deleting Proxy-Settings on clients

Hello,
I did a mistake by testing setting up an proxy in ZCC | Configuration | ... | HTTP-Proxy settings to 192.168.0.1:3128 (I did it in the wrong place... :mad: ).
As I recogniced that clients couldn't get a connection to our first and only Zenworks Server I deleted the setting in ZCC immediately.

But this action leaves many worksstation in this wrong state.

Trying to login on one of those workstations fails because the dynamic user profile couldn't be loaded, as consequence to the wrong proxy settings.
So I used the local user account "Administrator" and "ESC" for the two Zenworks dialog boxes.

The Zenworks Application shows the "IPv4-HTTP-Proxy" configured to the (wrong) IP-address

Using "cmd.exe" I tried:

zac sp
--> the wrong proxy is shown again
zac sp /clear
--> tells, that the proxy address is cleared but when I reenter...
zac sp

The /clear parameter doesn't seem to clear the proxy. I found in a "cool-solution" the suggestion to rename file "%ZENWORKS_HOME%\cache\zmd\settings\PROXY_SETTING.xml", this worked on Zenworks-Server but on workstations there is no access possible to this place.

zac cc dos't take any effect too.

Until now I've found, that I can use "zac sp 192.168.0.1 UserName secretpass" to set up an working HTTP-proxy but that means, a fail of 192.168.0.1 will give a fail of Zenworks-agents too, no attractive prospect..

Please, help me:
How can I get rid of this HTTP-proxy-setting?
How can I do thise without login to every of the workstations "manually" as described?

Thanks for your help,
Holger
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: deleting Proxy-Settings on clients

For ONE DEVICE AS A TEST.......
From the ZCC try the QuickTask - "Reset device".
This MAY automatically resolve the issue w/o needing to physically go to the device...

If that does not help....you can try deleting the Proxy XML with the full path.
#1 - You need to be from an administrative command prompt....
#2 - Delete "%ZENWORKS_HOME%\cache\zmd\settings\PROXY_SETTING.xml" (You can't browse to there, but you can hit the full path....)

If that does not help.....
You could try to register locally and trying to register again...
I presume that would clear those settings....

Verwaiser;2488214 wrote:
Hello,
I did a mistake by testing setting up an proxy in ZCC | Configuration | ... | HTTP-Proxy settings to 192.168.0.1:3128 (I did it in the wrong place... :mad: ).
As I recogniced that clients couldn't get a connection to our first and only Zenworks Server I deleted the setting in ZCC immediately.

But this action leaves many worksstation in this wrong state.

Trying to login on one of those workstations fails because the dynamic user profile couldn't be loaded, as consequence to the wrong proxy settings.
So I used the local user account "Administrator" and "ESC" for the two Zenworks dialog boxes.

The Zenworks Application shows the "IPv4-HTTP-Proxy" configured to the (wrong) IP-address

Using "cmd.exe" I tried:

zac sp
zac sp /clear
--> tells, that the proxy address is cleared but when I reenter...
zac sp

The /clear parameter doesn't seem to clear the proxy. I found in a "cool-solution" the suggestion to rename file "%ZENWORKS_HOME%\cache\zmd\settings\PROXY_SETTING.xml", this worked on Zenworks-Server but on workstations there is no access possible to this place.

zac cc dos't take any effect too.

Until now I've found, that I can use "zac sp 192.168.0.1 UserName secretpass" to set up an working HTTP-proxy but that means, a fail of 192.168.0.1 will give a fail of Zenworks-agents too, no attractive prospect..

Please, help me:
How can I get rid of this HTTP-proxy-setting?
How can I do thise without login to every of the workstations "manually" as described?

Thanks for your help,
Holger
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.