BachmannK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

duplicate and wrong Inventory information

I have a couple of PCs which show duplicate entries in the inventory list of one device - of course they are really on 10.3.4:

ZENworks Adaptive Agent, Windows 10.3.2.41992(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\bin)
ZENworks Adaptive Agent, Windows 10.3.4.13979(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\bin)
ZENworks Bundle Module 10.3.4.13489(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks Distribution Point 10.3.2.948(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks Distribution Point 10.3.4.13352(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks Imaging Agent 10.3.1.68101(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\preboot)
ZENworks Imaging Agent 10.3.1.23161(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\preboot)
ZENworks Imaging Module 10.3.4.13489(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks Inventory Module 10.3.4.13489(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks Personality Migration 10.3.0.58097(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\Personality Migration)
ZENworks Policy Module 10.3.4.13490(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks Policy Module 10.3.2.7941(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks Remote Management Module 10.3.4.13489(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks User Management 10.3.4.13352(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks User Management 10.3.2.48715(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\modules)
ZENworks Wake-on-LAN Handler 10.3.4.13490(C:\Program Files (x86)\...\handlers)

How can I get rid of the wrong entries? Inventory update is performed twice a week.

Servers: 2 prim Server w2k8r2sp1 with ZCM 11.2.2 with MS-SQL 2008 DB
Clients: mainly Win7 64bit SP1 with ZCM Agent 10.3.4 -waiting to upgrade to 11.2.3 due to multiple reboots for previous versions.

Klaus
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: duplicate and wrong Inventory information

BachmannK,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
inverseparadox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: duplicate and wrong Inventory information

Does the "local workstation" version of the inventory report (accessed from the ZENworks Agent properties on that workstation) also show both versions, or is it correct?

I'm seeing something similar (but not entirely identical) on a few workstations - not just one, but certainly not all.

In my case, the "Detailed Hardware/Software Inventory" report on the workstation object in ZENworks Control Center gives, among other things, the following snippet:

Novell	ZENworks Adaptive Agent 11.1.0.12959(C:\Program Files\...\bin)			Network		Config. Mgmt.
Novell ZENworks Adaptive Agent, Windows 10.3.3.44626(C:\Program Files\...\bin) Network Config. Mgmt.
Novell ZENworks Asset Management 10.3.3.2458(C:\Program Files\...\modules) Asset Mgmt PC Inventory
Novell ZENworks Asset Management Module 11.1.0.10525(C:\Program Files\...\modules) Asset Mgmt PC Inventory

The "local workstation" version of the inventory report for that workstation, however, shows only the 11.1 versions of each of the various components.

I've found this on three workstations so far, all of them checked on because they are listed under the older ZENworks Agent version in the predefined "Software Applications By Manufacturer" report. In one of the three cases (the one shown above), the "old" version is 10.3.3; in the other two, the "old" version is 10.2.0. All three of them appear to be running Windows XP, although the vast majority of our organization is on 64-bit Windows 7 SP1.

In one case, I "fixed" the problem by deleting the workstation object, refreshing the affected workstation (to re-create the object), running the inventory scan, refreshing again, and running the scan again. That's not actually a solution, but it did get rid of the erroneous data from that inventory record. (The double refresh-and-scan is because after the first pair, the "inventory scan" had found no software at all, including the operating system. I'm guessing it had not had time to pick up the appropriate product-recognition data.)

All I've been able to find so far about this online is explicit statements, from old ZENworks versions, that there is no way to remove the inventory data without deleting the workstation object. I hope that claim is now out of date, but I don't see anything to contradict it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.