jrmhscht Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

error adding second primary server

I recently updated my primary server to zenworks 11 and now I am trying to install a second primary server. The install gives this error and asks if I want to continue or roll back. I continued on the first attempt and I was able to log into the management page, but the server was not listed with any roles so I rolled back a snapshot and deleted the failed server device.

ConfigureAction failed!: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.AuthoritativeSourceConnectionException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.ConnectionException: ad2.dordt.local:636 at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.HibernateAdministratorSession.validatePassword(HibernateAdministratorSession.java:1456) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.HibernateAbstractSession.login(HibernateAbstractSession.java:295) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.DirectServiceStoreImpl.login(DirectServiceStoreImpl.java:171) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.ZoneCreator.addPrimaryServer(ZoneCreator.java:304) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.ZoneCreator.doWork(ZoneCreator.java:192) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.ZoneCreator.main(ZoneCreator.java:533) Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.AuthoritativeSourceConnectionException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.ConnectionException: ad2.dordt.local:636 at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.authsources.AuthoritativeSourceSessionPool.getSession(AuthoritativeSourceSessionPool.java:97) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.authsources.AuthoritativeSourceManager.getSession(AuthoritativeSourceManager.java:218) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.authsources.AuthoritativeSourceManager.newAuthoritativeSourceService(AuthoritativeSourceManager.java:70) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.authsources.AuthoritativeSourceManager.getAuthoritativeSourceService(AuthoritativeSourceManager.java:101) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.HibernateAdministratorSession.validatePassword(HibernateAdministratorSession.java:1394) ... 5 more Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.ConnectionException: ad2.dordt.local:636 at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.ldap.LDAPUtil.getLDAPConnectionInfo(LDAPUtil.java:505) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.ldap.LDAPUtil.getLDAPConnectionInfo(LDAPUtil.java:321) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.ldap.LDAPUtil.getLDAPConnectionInfo(LDAPUtil.java:261) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.jndi.ldap.LdapAuthoritativeSourceSession.login(LdapAuthoritativeSourceSession.java:236) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.authsources.AuthoritativeSourceSessionPool.getSession(AuthoritativeSourceSessionPool.java:77) ... 9 more

The existing server is 11.0 with TID7007211_FTF_updatedescription.zip, ZCM_11.0_665363-671328_20100223.zip, and the tftp patch installed.

I did the install as my user which is from AD. I just noticed that I can't log in as the built in Administrator. Would this cause problems?

Any ideas for what I should do next to get this installed?

Thanks,
Jeremiah
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: error adding second primary server

jrmhscht,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I removed the user source server listed above and now I get this certificate error instead:

ConfigureAction failed!: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.UntrustedCertificateException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.UntrustedCertificateException: javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: ad1.dordt.local:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No trusted certificate found]

Do I have to import my AD ldap certificates somewhere?
0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

May be a red hearing but check you do not have an expired server certificate. If expired it will not allow new registrations from the source. Linux or Windows server?

Another side bit to all
Put your environment in your footer - makes responses a little more targeted.
Cheers
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the reply. I believe my certificates all look fine.

We are running zcm 11 on one sles 11.1 primary and and external sybase all in vmware.

I wanted a second primary to use for primarily for imaging, but I may just add imaging to the one I have if this doesn't work.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I added a new local admin account and used that to do the install and now it all appears to be working.

Is there a way to reset the Administrator password? I'm pretty sure I should know what the password is, but it won't let me in.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jrmhscht,

>Is there a way to reset the Administrator password? I'm pretty sure I
>should know what the password is, but it won't let me in.

The ZCM Admin password? nope not unless you call Novell.

--
Jared Jennings
Senior Systems Engineer, Computer Integrated Services (CIS)
http://www.ciscony.com

My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
Twitter@ jaredljennings
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.