Highlighted
PartHeart Contributor.
Contributor.

iPadOS 13 and ZENworks

So, some of our iPads have been pushed up to iPadOS 13 by the kids as we didn't see the notice regarding compatibility problems between ZENworks and iOS 13, so now our iPads cannot connect to ZENworks and we obviously cannot push apps or manage them properly. That's on us as we didn't see the notice in time to block the updates via policy.

However the notice states that an update for ZENworks would be rolled out before iOS 13 to help fix the problems created by the stricter certificates, is there an ETA on this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: iPadOS 13 and ZENworks

There is a patch available for this issue.

Defect#1148790

Even as a School, If you contact a Customer Service Representative, they should be able to get you the patch associated with this fix.

DO NOT .....REPEAT....DO NOT Remint your Certificate Authority (CA)

DO NOT ....Repeat... DO NOT Remint your Certificate Auhtority (CA)

This patch will allow you to remint your SERVER (not CA) so that is has a validity of 2yrs.

This should resolve the IOS13 issue, which only trusts Server Certs with a validity point of just over 2 years.

Repeat....Remint the SERVER CERT and not the CA CERT.

PartHeart Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for your help Craig, will get on that. And thank you for the advice for the certificates as well.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hopefully this will appear on PatchFinder in the next couple days as  well..

https://download.microfocus.com/patch/finder/

There are actually 2 separate IOS13 related patches.  I'm not sure if they will be posted as a single IOS13 patch or two separate fixes. 

PartHeart Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks Craig, will keep an eye on that. We've not had much success via support but they are looking into helping us so hopefully one way or the other we can get the patch and get our iPads back onto ZCM soon.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you drop me your business contact info via a private message.

Include Your Name, Organization, Email Address, and the account used to logon to "Customer Center" to get your product.

I can try and have folks research what is going on.....

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: The patches will most likely be released next week.   I was hoping they would make it this week, but since there are two different patches to get IOS13 fully working and reading all the steps for deploying them, a request was sent back to engineering to see if they could combine them into a single patch to make things simpler.

Since this is just about packaging and not making code changes, hopefully this will not be too long.  Of course its possible engineering will prefer to keep them separate and they will be released as is.

I should know more early next week.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.