lwelch01 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint 5.6 + Win 7 x64 SP1 + ZCM 10.3.3 + HP LaserJets

Hi there,

Have come up from XP this year and am now finally starting to feel more on top of the sysprep process and the post ZCM imaging tasks that need to occur. My final hurdle is now dealing with iPrint policies.

My environment is as the subject line iPrint 5.6 + Win 7 x64 SP1 + ZCM 10.3.3 + HP LaserJets.
iPrint Server is Netware 6.8 SP8 + post SP8 iPrint udates.
ZCM is 10.3.3 running on SLES 11 SP1.
Printer drives are a mixture of the HP Universal and the LaserJet 4250 PCL6 explicit. Both end up with same situation.

I have a DLU policy assigned to devices that creates a user that is a member of the Users group.

If one of the DLU'd users logs in, the printer is never added to the device. If the local Administrator logs in, then the printer IS added to the device. When logging in as a standard DLU'd User, zac ref does not fix the problem. ZCM window reports policy failure.

Messages in ZCM console show
POLICYHANDLERS.PrinterPolicy.IPrintPrinterAddFailed
and
AtionMan.ActionContinueOnFailure

When are printer polices supposed to get pushed to a device? I notice in ZCM10 there is not much mention of scheduling of on which events actions would take place like there was in the Zfd 7 days. ie is this supposed to happen on system startup or user login. Is it mandatory that users are members of the Administrator group for ZCM to install printers on Windows 7?

TIA for any advice on where to start troubleshooting this one.

Cheers
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint 5.6 + Win 7 x64 SP1 + ZCM 10.3.3 + HP LaserJets

Jneumann,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
lwelch01 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This problem is still really burning me.

I did have spaces in the iPrint printer URL, that has always worked OK. Have just done another test with a iPrint policy without spaces in the printer URLs.

What log files should I examine to troubleshoot this more? zmd-messages has this:
[ERROR] [05/11/2011 11:14:42.215] [1572] [ZenworksWindowsService] [26] [TestS2] [printer policy] [POLICYHANDLERS.PrinterPolicy.IPrintPrinterAddFailed] [Failed to add iprint printer ipp://iprint.aquinas.qld.edu.au/ipp/cl5test.] [] [null]
0 Likes
skapanen2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 04.05.2011 12:36, lwelch01 wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> Have come up from XP this year and am now finally starting to feel more
> on top of the sysprep process and the post ZCM imaging tasks that need
> to occur. My final hurdle is now dealing with iPrint policies.
>
> My environment is as the subject line iPrint 5.6 + Win 7 x64 SP1 + ZCM
> 10.3.3 + HP LaserJets.
>

try downgrading the ZCM10.3.3 agent to older one, 10.3.3 agent seems to
have issues with iPrint Policies, older works ok.

-sk

HAMK University - OES, NW, GW, NCS, eDir, Zen, IDM, NSL - www.hamk.fi
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.