jvmorrell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

installing new ZCM server into sp3 zone fails

after upgrading my zone to SP3 I cannot introduce a new server.

everytime I try to do this I get the following error

the credentials you entered cannot be validated on the specified primary server
Please verify your server address and credentials, and or network connectivity and try again

this is happening no matter what I try

ip, dns
different admin user names for the zcm zone.

any ideas would be grateful

thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: installing new ZCM server into sp3 zone fails

Jvmorrell,

What OS? Tried looking at an install log?

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
Absent Member.

shaunpond;2312466 wrote:
Jvmorrell,

What OS? Tried looking at an install log?

--

Shaun Pond

HI

OS is 2008 R2

this is the log

0000SelectVolumeConfigureAction complete!11395911237284Unknown DeviceServer Install 0000Windows Installer is not running, return val : 0 21395911240622Unknown DeviceServer Install 0000FirstServerConfigureAction complete!11395911344532Unknown DeviceServer Install 0000Unable to query agent state: Unable to read WorkstationGUID from registry.11395911347590Unknown DeviceServer Install 0000Name: zcm01.denbighshire.gov.uk is reachable at port 44311395911369554Unknown DeviceServer Install 0000isZoneAuthConfigureAction:true21395911373610Unknown DeviceServer Install 0000Exception while executing com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.ZoneAuthConfigureAction41395911375841Unknown DeviceServer Installcom.novell.zenworks.configure.ConfigureException: Unexpected error: 1 com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.RemoteDataModelException: 1 at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.RemoteDataModelExceptionMarshaler.deserialize(RemoteDataModelExceptionMarshaler.java:36) at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.soap.LiteralEncodingStyle.readObject(LiteralEncodingStyle.java:256) at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.soap.LiteralEncodingStyle.readObject(LiteralEncodingStyle.java:235) at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.soap.LiteralEncodingStyle.readObject(LiteralEncodingStyle.java:213) at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.xml.InputStreamImpl.readObject(InputStreamImpl.java:80) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.soap.CoreAdminServiceBinding_Stub.getAuditDatabaseAddresses(CoreAdminServiceBinding_Stub.java:902) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.ZoneAuthConfigureAction.validateConnection(ZoneAuthConfigureAction.java:602) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.ZoneAuthConfigureAction.main(ZoneAuthConfigureAction.java:929) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.util.ConfigureUtils.parseJavaOutput(ConfigureUtils.java:2316) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.util.ConfigureUtils.javaLauncher(ConfigureUtils.java:822) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.util.ConfigureUtils.javaLauncher(ConfigureUtils.java:742) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.util.ConfigureUtils.javaLauncher(ConfigureUtils.java:716) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.util.ConfigureUtils.launchJavaFromZeroG(ConfigureUtils.java:892) at com.novell.zenworks.configure.util.ConfigureUtils.getZoneInfoFromServer(ConfigureUtils.java:980) at com.novell.zenworks.install.customcode.ExistingZoneValidator.authenticateToZone(ExistingZoneValidator.java:348) at com.novell.zenworks.install.customcode.ExistingZoneValidator.install(ExistingZoneValidator.java:187) at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CustomAction.installSelf(DashoA10*..) at ZeroGaei.run(DashoA10*..) 0000Unable to query agent state: Unable to read WorkstationGUID from registry.11395911435603Unknown DeviceServer Install

Regards

john
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jvmorrell,

at what point do you get that error? How far through the process? I'm
trying to duplicate...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I get the error when it trys to authenticate in to the Zone

it looks like its going to work then flags and unable to authenticate error message

All the settings used are correct
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jvmorrell,

my W2008 R2 install I just tried as a second server worked - which log
was that you referenced?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

up to global support with my support call now, waiting on development for a solution
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jvmorrell,

don't get me wrong, but glad it wasn't simple to fix - I don't feel so
bad about sending you to open a SR 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

not a problem, Hopefully my woes will help others in the long run... I'm sure there quite a few yet to upgrade to sp3
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.